Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling abroad? Additional Card Holder?

Options
  • 27-05-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I am travelling to New Zealand for one year in a couple of months time and am wondering what the purpose and benefit is of adding a second person as an additional card holder to my account is? What privileges does it give them? How can this protect me as a traveler who will be backpacking? Can additional card holders be added to both my credit card and visa debit card? 

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

subscriber wrote: »
    I am travelling to New Zealand for one year in a couple of months time and am wondering what the purpose and benefit is of adding a second person as an additional card holder to my account is? What privileges does it give them? How can this protect me as a traveler who will be backpacking? Can additional card holders be added to both my credit card and visa debit card? 

Thanks 
    Hi subscriber,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Firstly we may need to contact you while you are away to verify that certain transactions on your credit card are legitimate. If you are travelling abroad and intend using your credit card you should notify us and we will note your credit card account.

You can also do this on 365 Online by using the “Online service desk” option and selecting Credit Card Notification in the drop down menu.

Please see here for information on charges for using your Credit card while abroad.

It is not possible to add an additional card holder to your Visa debit card; you would need to have a joint bank account in order for another person to have a card on the same current account.

See here for information on ‘Additional Card holder’ and also the application form to add an additional card holder.

Have a great trip, if we can help with anything else let us know here.
    Thank you,

Tara C

Advertisement