Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Approval for house purchase

Options
  • 27-05-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

Is it hard as a person with a disability to get a loan for purchasing a house??

What hurdles do you have to overcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Avonne

Hi guys

Is it hard as a person with a disability to get a loan for purchasing a house??

What hurdles do you have to overcome?

I don't think disability comes into it Generally all the banks care about is your ability to repay the loan. If you've proven that you are permanent in your job more than two years, have a track record with saving money each month and paying your debts, and you pass their stress test they'll offer you some sort of mortgage. You'll also need to have a deposit saved as well that's at least 10%(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Your main difficulty is likely to be life insurance. I'd start with enquiries there at the same time as trying to get a mortgage (if not before).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Avonne

Your main difficulty is likely to be life insurance. I'd start with enquiries there at the same time as trying to get a mortgage (if not before).

I forgot about the insurance part of it. Yeah I'd check there first before going through the pain of a mortgage application.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

There is a scheme to proceed with a mortgage without usual insurance where cover is declined or is at a very high price.

• Advertisement

There is a scheme to proceed with a mortgage without usual insurance where cover is declined or is at a very high price.

Any link(s) to this?

Can you suggest anywhere I may look?

Hi there. My OH got Life Assurance, and I got a waiver.

How long should it be before we hear re: mortgage approval?

• Advertisement

Hi there. My OH got Life Assurance, and I got a waiver.

How long should it be before we hear re: mortgage approval?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I would imagine that would vary according to providers - you could ask what the usual time is, but really I guess the answer is 'as long as it takes'.

Advertisement