Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbest Forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They've changed, huh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

GB links everywhere, I give up!! Count me out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

zarquon wrote: »
    Gearbest promoting one of their android tv boxes by explaining how you could stream "Finding Dory" from the comfort of your couch rather than foolishly taking the time and effort and wasted money to go the cinema.

That's quite concerning if true.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

The thing I don't get is the line that "oh well gearbest weren't doing the shilling as much as users were and gearbest didn't really know what the deal was re: shilling, so they got the opportunity to correct this by paying."

Gearbest approached users on the site to shill on their behalf. Surely that means they knew even more about this site's stance on shilling than most others? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It is true.

Post since deleted.

Couldn't be a case of deleting the evidence...could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Couldn't be a case of deleting the evidence...could it?

Would you prefer the post to still be up?

Gordon wrote: »

Personally no, but as has been pointed out by others, such promotions attract infractions and bans elsewhere on the site and have done for a long time.

The line I keep seeing is that " you agreed to the t&c's when you signed up" and broke them.
    How is GB any different?

I'm not on a crusade but I'd like to see some consistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Gordon wrote: »

Yeah why not ?

They sell these things wether you like it or not.

They have a rep here .. If I have an issue with one of these android boxes I should be able to discuss that here.

Or need I to be a paid subscriber for that privilege ?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

hypothetically, it could be treated like the legal advice forum, and you could discuss any hypothetical issues you may have. hypothetically, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The thing I don't get is the line that "oh well gearbest weren't doing the shilling as much as users were and gearbest didn't really know what the deal was re: shilling, so they got the opportunity to correct this by paying."

Gearbest approached users on the site to shill on their behalf. Surely that means they knew even more about this site's stance on shilling than most others? :confused:

Listen, we all know, all the mods and admins that excuse it know. But boards are desperate for cash, doesn't matter from who, so they'll pretend the gearbest loophole is there to excuse it. They'll insist black is white if you give them a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Was there any action taken against Gearbest for posting illegal content? What is the usual punishment for a user who does so and have the same rules been applied?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think normally the offending content is snipped from the post or the post is deleted. Possibly a PM to the user pointing out their mistake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I think normally the offending content is snipped from the post or the post is deleted. Possibly a PM to the user pointing out their mistake.

That's all that's usually done in such cases in Net&comms at least. It certainly hasn't warranted an infraction or ban so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bargain Alerts really seems dead these days, wonder how many left because of Gearbest

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Or the mega threads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

if they ever unite and become super-mega-best-gear-dot-com-thread we're totally screwed!

its Summer, there's always a slowdown of sorts but its slow in comparison, not quite "dead". If it becomes a trend I'm sure the office will spot it. I'm actually surprised with the popularity of the gearbest sub-forum.

not a fan of the mega-threads myself when there is feedback mixed in with the notices. but given the volume of content I can see why they are deemed necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

LoLth wrote: »
    if they ever unite and become super-mega-best-gear-dot-com-thread we're totally screwed!

its Summer, there's always a slowdown of sorts but its slow in comparison, not quite "dead". If it becomes a trend I'm sure the office will spot it. I'm actually surprised with the popularity of the gearbest sub-forum.

not a fan of the mega-threads myself when there is feedback mixed in with the notices. but given the volume of content I can see why they are deemed necessary.

Or infamy... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Gearbest forum is a joke. There have been various questions asked by posters in the last couple of weeks but the only post she made in that time was to tell people that they could find her in the Gearbest Youtube videos. Vast majority of posts in the forum are ignored. What exactly is the point in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Did you find her in the videos yet ??

Once they pay the bills, sure what matter what they do?

The Gearbest forum is a joke. There have been various questions asked by posters in the last couple of weeks but the only post she made in that time was to tell people that they could find her in the Gearbest Youtube videos. Vast majority of posts in the forum are ignored. What exactly is the point in it?

Grasshopper you've learned so little.

Don't you know it's the presence of their direct debit that is Important and not that of their rep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I think this deal hurts the Boards brand personally. Thanks for the money now do what you like including ignoring our users. It's all cool by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tbf, it would be hypocritical of boards to crack down on Gearbest ignoring users when their own staff are famous for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Ooh, feel the burn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Tbf, it would be hypocritical of boards to crack down on Gearbest ignoring users when their own staff are famous for it.

Oooooooooooooooh zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Turtyturd wrote: »

So true!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

It's not ok for users to be posting queries that are going unanswered.

To be fair to the sales team here, they were already on the case before I spoke with them today about it. They've asked Gearbest what is going on and when they will be answering queries. As soon as we hear back from them, I'll let you know. Given the time difference between here and China we're unlikely to hear from them before the end of the working day today and since it's a bank holiday weekend, we will not be here on Monday either so please bear with me. I'll post an update here as soon as I have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Are they ignoring you now too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

They're posting their response from China.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement