Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbest Forum

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

eman66 wrote: »
    They're posting their response from China.

16-30 days delivery with Netherlands post
    5-10 days with DHL, but it costs four times the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

eman66 wrote: »
    They're posting their response from China.

If it doesn't arrive or if it comes faulty will we have to pay to get a new one sent or send it back? ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Customs probably got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I wonder how they are going to handle getting rid of gearbest.

They can't say they weren't warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I hope they've cashed that cheque already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

RossieMan wrote: »
    I wonder how they are going to handle getting rid of gearbest.

They can't say they weren't warned.

I dont think its a case of "getting rid" , if gearbest are not holding up their side of the bargain then their forum gets folded up neatly and fed into a shredder :D

As for being warned , *everything* that gets decided on boards has a brigade of for and another against, "they" are always warned. In this instance, an unauthorised advertiser became an authorised advertiser in keeping with the rules as they have always been applied.

admittedly, Gearbest had an uphill battle facing them in terms of acceptance from the community - but only have themselves to blame for that - and their silence has not done them any favours, again only have themselves to blame for that. Unless and until they actually break the rules it is purely a business agreement but the longer the silence continues the more dust the forum will gather an the less likely it will retain the traffic it gathered let alone change the minds of those already determined not to deal with them.

No idea on timeframe though. We've had forums dead for a lot longer and they've revived. No idea if there is some form of traffic or response time baked into the sponsorship agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Satriale wrote: »
    I hope they've cashed that cheque already...

Probably exploded into flames and burned the office down.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Are they ignoring you now too?

I wasn't the one contacting them but I will find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I see the Gearbest rep has risen from the dead after almost a month of not posting. Normal service resumed if you've ever dealt with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I see the Gearbest rep has risen from the dead after almost a month of not posting. Normal service resumed if you've ever dealt with them
    Is this a zombie thread;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Read the latest contributions from the Rep...

Seriously Boards, I know ye don't want to admit defeat on this one but it's just embarrassing cringe-worthy stuff (pictures/selfies of the rep - I'm assuming! - as a child??!!) that offers nothing and just reflects badly on both of ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Posting photos of herself again?! Is this a hook up forum or a customer service forum? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've got to laugh.

I always said gearbest CS was bad, but my god, they've outdone themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

LoLth wrote: »
    No idea on timeframe though. We've had forums dead for a lot longer and they've revived.

This is very optimistic. Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The complaint was about Gearbest not responding , Gearbest are now responding.

Gearbest: Lindell was obviously busy graduating from wizard school so her absence is understandable. As for assumptions of her posting pictures of herself as a child, thats a bit of a strange assumption to make. pretty sure the "super lindell" is a reference to the child's stance which is similar to the heroic stances of superheroes and warriors in Chinese art, anime and film.

to give her her due she does post the "I'm going to knock the ****e outta ya" baby pic (was it racist of me to assume that this was not the picture you assumed was Lindell?). which has been posted by others on this site many times so maybe the style of boards.ie is starting to have an influence.

As for the responses, I count three issues being addressed and a promise of a giveaway to come. Thats a lot more productive than a lot of posters' contribution on any forum to be honest :D

yeah, they've a long way to go to get a customer service that could be considered "good" but its a start. at least the number of emoticons has decreased!

I still have no intentions of using the forum but some users order from their site (enough that I get gearbest offers in my Google Newsfeed) and there seems to be some number of boards.ie users that are interested in the bargains they post. My advice stands, if you dont like the forum or you dont agree with boards.ie allowing them to sponsor it, then dont use it. dont read it. steer clear if it bothers you so much. We dont allow "feedback" threads on forums just because users dont like the topic so it is unfair for this microscope to be applied to Gearbest. Ignore it, it may go away or not but if you ignore it, it wont make any difference to you anyway.

closing this thread as the feedback has been given. at this stage its turning into "Gearbest watch" which is pretty depressing. reminds me of the two dudes in the balcony from the muppets.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I wasn't the one contacting them but I will find out.

Meant to post in here yesterday but yes, Lindell is back answering queries since yesterday after I contacted her. We'll continue to keep an eye on the forum and the activity in it. Thanks everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement