Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting Heights on Viking 5112

Options
  • 28-05-2016 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

I recently bought a Viking 5112. It has cutting heights from 1 to 8. The problem is I've been trying to find out what exact height each one is? I've looked online but can't find it. I've also checked the manual.

Any advice as to where I would?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

I have a 6112 and I'm going to wager the deck height is the same. On the 6112C the cutting height ranges from 30-110 mm, with 8 selectable heights. So 110-30 = 80
    80/8 = 10, therefore each height is a 10mm/1cm difference.

Cutting height info taken from:
    http://www.gerrycroffey.ie/ride-on-mowers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ogie84 wrote: »
    I have a 6112 and I'm going to wager the deck height is the same. On the 6112C the cutting height ranges from 30-110 mm, with 8 selectable heights. So 110-30 = 80

So the heights are basically going from 3cm to 11cm. Thanks for that.

I've a fairly weak garden (a lot of dockings, weeds and weak growth) that I just cut to 4cm (setting 2), let grow for 3 to 4 days and then applied Evergreen 4 in 1.

Setting 2 seems to be a bit low so I was thinking about cutting it at setting 4 now. That's 6 centimetres though which would be just over 2 inches. Is that about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Lemlin wrote: »

So the heights are basically going from 3cm to 11cm. Thanks for that.

I've a fairly weak garden (a lot of dockings, weeds and weak growth) that I just cut to 4cm (setting 2), let grow for 3 to 4 days and then applied Evergreen 4 in 1.

Setting 2 seems to be a bit low so I was thinking about cutting it at setting 4 now. That's 6 centimetres though which would be just over 2 inches. Is that about right?

Patches of my own garden would be fairly similar in description to yours. The lowest I've gone with it is setting 3, last year. 2 seems a bit short for me, might be better for a more manicured lawn. This year I've kept it at 4 as the winter wasn't kind to the grass and I wanted to give it a chance to recover. It's not very long but if ya get a good burst of growth like we had in mid may. I'm mulching once a week and it's looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Patches of my own garden would be fairly similar in description to yours. The lowest I've gone with it is setting 3, last year. 2 seems a bit short for me, might be better for a more manicured lawn. This year I've kept it at 4 as the winter wasn't kind to the grass and I wanted to give it a chance to recover. It's not very long but if ya get a good burst of growth like we had in mid may. I'm mulching once a week and it's looking well.

A landscaper told me to it it low before applying the feed and weed as it allows it to get right to the core of the weed and also cutting them short before applying weakens them.

Advertisement