Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rap magazine's

• 28-05-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I am moving house and I was clearing out the attic and I found 5 boxes of rap magazine's that I use to buy. The likes of xxl, the source, murder dog and Hip hop connection. So it got me thinking do many of you buy rap magazine's nowadays or did you ever buy them?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I used to buy The Source and HHC like a religion pre internet days. I'd also pick up the odd other mag if I seen someone like The Wu or Gravediggaz featured on them.
    I done a massive clearout though and got rid of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I used to buy The Source and HHC like a religion pre internet days. I'd also pick up the odd other mag if I seen someone like The Wu or Gravediggaz featured on them.
    I done a massive clearout though and got rid of them all.

Yeah loved HHC, although the writing got to obnoxious towards the end sadly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah loved HHC, although the writing got to obnoxious towards the end sadly.

Yeah, I remember when they rebranded and were on the counter's in HMV is when they turned a bit. They didn't know whether to promote british music, underground, backpacker or mainstream. They lost the balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I used to be able to get Hip Hop Connection easy enough back in the day living in the sticks as it was a UK magazine, i only got copies of The Source when i or a family member went to the big smoke. A really great magazine that was short lived back in the day was Represent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gollyn9

tossy wrote: »
    I used to be able to get Hip Hop Connection easy enough back in the day living in the sticks as it was a UK magazine, i only got copies of The Source when i or a family member went to the big smoke. A really great magazine that was short lived back in the day was Represent.
    Yeah, I remember "REPRESENT" magazine, it was really dope, kinda underground, unfortunately it only lasted for 7 or 8 issues,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

gollyn9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember "REPRESENT" magazine, it was really dope, kinda underground, unfortunately it only lasted for 7 or 8 issues,

Yeah that's the one, it was a good while it lasted and seemed to be gone very quickly (kind of like the 90's)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Hip hop connection was a great magazine. I have kept all the magazine's. Just reading a few of them again and rap has really changed in the last ten year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Haven't bought any in years. Used to buy HHC, The Source, XXL, Murder Dog, Blues & Soul and a couple of others i forget the name of. I'd pick up the odd copy of NME depending what was inside. Used to buy it religiously but i got bored of them bigging up people i had never heard of!

Advertisement