Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pit entry for Bruce Springsteen gig?

Options
  • 28-05-2016 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi just wondering was anybody at the Bruce gig last night (Friday) that gained entry into the pit? And if so what time were you queuing from? Planning on joining the queue around 2pm on Sunday but don't know if that's going to be too late. Love Bruce but not hard core enough to do the whole roll call thing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Robjsc

Did u make it into pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They would have easily at 2pm yeah. We got our bands at 3.

Ah that's not too bad then. It was the only place to be to concentrate and hear everything properly without distractions

Robjsc wrote: »
    Ah that's not too bad then. It was the only place to be to concentrate and hear everything properly without distractions

Comparatively yeah. Still a bunch of drunk twats chatting very loudly last night at the back of the pit during Independence Day and the story during Growin Up. They had "sshhh" said to them by a load of people, but continued. No interest whatsoever in the music if it wasn't Death to My Hometown or Shout or something like that.

And there was a bloke on Friday who was out of his gord drunk annoying everyone, falling around, grabbing women, shouting in peoples faces etc. Fairly harmless but a pain in the hole and he eventually got kicked out.

Was the same in Slane mind you. People passed out at 2pm who missed the show.

I don't understand why these people go to shows! Is it just to mingle and have the chat.? Bloody annoying when all u can hear is chatter chatter during a quieter number which deserves respect and full attention. ! People pay over 100 to go to a venue talk and treat the music like background soundtrack . Really wish they'd stay away

• Advertisement

Can I ask, did u enjoy 'incident on 57th street'? Last nights opener I believe. Watched on utube, thought it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LouNor

Yes we made it in. Think we actually joined the queue at 1pm. Ours was the queue that guaranteed entry into the pit. They closed it shortly after we joined. But started another queue that x number of people gained entry into the pit from but it wasn't guaranteed.
    Was sooooo worth queuing. Best concert ever.

It's worth making that effort. Wish I had made both nights but couldn't afford to travel etc fri night and Sunday night . Ah well maybe next time . It really is more than just a concert; can't quite explain

Robjsc wrote: »
    I don't understand why these people go to shows! Is it just to mingle and have the chat.? Bloody annoying when all u can hear is chatter chatter during a quieter number which deserves respect and full attention. ! People pay over 100 to go to a venue talk and treat the music like background soundtrack . Really wish they'd stay away

Fine with a bit of chat here and there but full on pub conversations, backs turned to the stage etc, nah. Very annoying.

Advertisement