Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Won't Recognize iPod

Options
  • 28-05-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello all,was wondering whether someone could help me with a problem I'm having.My Ipod (7th gen nano) will connect to my laptop,but I'll then get a message about an unknown device.iTunes will then say the iPod couldn't be recognized,and the iPod will disconnect itself. I've ran connectivity tests,which say no iPod was found,and the drivers are all up to date,as is iTunes.Is there any solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

I also put in a USB to see what would happen,and it worked fine,so I'm tempted to say the problem's with the iPod,and not the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Is it a Windows 10 laptop by any chance?......if so uninstall -reinstall iTunes (it won't delete your music just software)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

If its not Windows 10.....i dunno, too tired to think about right now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Is it a Windows 10 laptop by any chance?......if so uninstall -reinstall iTunes (it won't delete your music just software)

If its not Windows 10.....i dunno, too tired to think about right now:)

It is actually,(Windows 8 was pre-installed,but I got a free update to 10). I'll try this tomorrow and see how it goes.Here's to hoping!

Advertisement