Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell in Celbridge

Options
  • 28-05-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

There was a strong smell in the air around Celbridge during Thursday and Friday and gone today Saturday.
    It's the kind of smell I'd usually associate with used mushroom compost and often ends up being spread around the land by farmers. Maybe not the best time for spreading as the weather has dried up a bit. The wind was coming from the East for the last few days so blowing from Castletown House direction but don't know of much active farming down that way.
    Some said it might be coming from the new brewery but I think the smell off hops is a lot nicer, like what you get around Guinness's.

Anyone got any ideas? and no "Smellbridge" jokes :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Frank O Rourke on Facebook:

"Community Notice

In relation to the bad smell that currently exists in Celbridge, both myself and Cllr Michael Coleman has been on to Kildare County Council again today.
    They have re-confirmed that all the sewer network in Celbridge after inspection is clear and the smell is coming from farmers spreading. Please share this post to your friends etc, rgds Frank"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Farmers spreading what...their legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

Smellbridge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

After 10 years living in Celbridge I thought I was well used to smells from farmers but this is awful. I've had several people comment that it smells like Vomit:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Joe Public wrote: »
    It's the kind of smell I'd usually associate with used mushroom compost and often ends up being spread around the land by farmers.
    Looks like you were right. KCC have said it is pure compost being spread on the Lucan road, although I presume they mean on fields beside the road:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Being spread on the Donaghcomper lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Buffman

I see the smell is front page news on the 'Sh1ty Champion'*! Luckily our local FF T.D. Mr O'Rourke was all over it like a fly on some not unrelated brown substance.:D

*(for any non-North Kildare people reading the 'Liffey Champion' is the local 'newspaper')

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement