Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Dell and Tc7200

Options
  • 28-05-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭

I have a UPC TC7200 modem and am using the 2.4Ghz wireless.
    I ahve an Android phone, Android tablet and Dell E5540 laptop.

The Android devices work fine on the Wifi, but the Dell drops the WiFi connection periodically, even when one of the Android devices is streaming something without any problem. I can't change to 5Ghz as the phone doesn't do that and the TC7200 is either one or the other.

The Dell doesn't seem to have this problem on Wifi networks at other locations.

There is something subtle in the settings here, I imagine. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is channel selection auto?

If the TC7200 were to roam up to CH12/C13 it would become invisible to devices following US rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

ED E wrote: »
    Is channel selection auto?

If the TC7200 were to roam up to CH12/C13 it would become invisible to devices following US rules.

No, it is on channel 1 presently. I have an app on my phone the profiles the neighbouring hubs, the immediate neighbours are on 6 and 11. I don't think this is the problem.

Advertisement