Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed cameras gone

Options
  • 28-05-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Noticed over the past few weeks that fixed speed cameras seem to have been taken down. Two that I'm very familiar with: on the Castlebellingham-Dundalk road near Jackie's Bar and the one on the M1 southbound near Dunleer. I think there used to be one on the Donore Road into Drogheda too.

Was this in the news or anything? Seeing as the mobile camera were terrorised off the roads a couple of years ago, what deterrents are there now against speeding?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There are plenty of mobile camera units on the roads. I see at least two a week. New mobile unit zones were announced this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The M1 has been gone for a few years. Pretty certain Jackie's one wasn't far behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah, they are gone years

I think the cost of them (replacing film, etc.) meant that they werent used for a long time once Vans came in.

Seeing as the mobile camera were terrorised off the roads a couple of years ago

What was this? I obviously missed something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I think the cost of them (replacing film, etc.) meant that they werent used for a long time once Vans came in.

What was this? I obviously missed something?!
    Could be referring to when the Gosafe cameras started, there was one burnt out on the Carrick Road outside of town....... Operator was in it and got out in time.

Widely condemned at the time however I've never seen a camera there since....

• Advertisement
Advertisement