Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Club

Options
  • 28-05-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Im pretty sure I know the answer to this, but thought there was no harm in asking. Has anyone heard of selling a Charlesland Golf Club membership. My close friend, a lady in her early 80s bought a membership 2 months ago, but subsequently has found its too much for her and its actually Glenmill she would like to join. From what I can gather she paid close on E1000k for Charlesland, and Glenmill is around E500, she would love to see was there any way she coulddo a swop or recoup money somehow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

aynneone wrote: »
    Im pretty sure I know the answer to this, but thought there was no harm in asking. Has anyone heard of selling a Charlesland Golf Club membership. My close friend, a lady in her early 80s bought a membership 2 months ago, but subsequently has found its too much for her and its actually Glenmill she would like to join. From what I can gather she paid close on E1000k for Charlesland, and Glenmill is around E500, she would love to see was there any way she coulddo a swop or recoup money somehow.

Best place to ask this question is the club Secretary:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aynneone

Thats true, but Im just trying to find out for her on the QT, just tryin to do a favour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

aynneone wrote: »
    Thats true, but Im just trying to find out for her on the QT, just tryin to do a favour :)

By asking on the Internet? (Very public place....)

Its ok, I'll delete the thread, as mentioned above my friend is 80, she doesnt use boards/the www, I was hoping someone might have heard of something similar being done in which case it would have been a lovely surprise for lady in question who has effectively thrown 1000 euros away, but Im obviously on a looser. Thanks anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Glenmills is a par 3 course but has a couple of really steep treks. I'd take a tour before paying anything there.

• Advertisement

Thanks Markest, appreciate that, she plays Glenmill most days so she knows what its like, why on earth she signed up to Charlesland is beyond me, spur of the moment decisions are fatal lol

Advertisement