Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final | Atlético V Real KO 7.45 - Mod Waning in OP - stay on topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

sabat wrote: »
    Meh

Mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

sabat wrote: »
    Dear God, please please please let Ronaldo miss a penalty. I'll even go to mass tomorrow if you do this for me (still walking straight out after communion though.)

Lollers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

cometh the hour cometh the man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It's no exaggeration to say I do not remember a less deserving champion team of Europe. Some might say Chelsea 2012 but they did have to get past Pep's Barça and a formidable Bayern Munich. This Real Madrid side had the easiest bunch of 2 legged ties in can remember and won it on penalties. They have the trophy but the best team in Europe they most certainly are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thought Olbak was awful in those peno's. How many times does it have to go down the same side before it clicks in his head

Awful CL final overall. Truly atrocious match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I'd love to be able to read Simeone's mind. Fascinating individual.

Lordy. Being an athleti fan right now must be hell.

Wasn't a great spectacle overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sligeach wrote: »
    Torres you're a complete joke! I knew he'd miss. And what's worse, you put it on a plate for Penaldo!

Torres didn't take that pen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Great work by the camera crew focussing in on crying children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

It's no exaggeration to say I do not remember a less deserving champion team of Europe. Some might say Chelsea 2012 but they did have to get past Pep's Barça and a formidable Bayern Munich. This Real Madrid side had the easiest bunch of 2 legged ties in can remember and won it on penalties. They have the trophy but the best team in Europe they most certainly are not.

I dont normally agree with you but I do on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

But they have have the trophy so peoples opinions on who is the best team is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Re-wound to double check
    Every penalty was put to the keepers left.

3 of them were at walking pace.
    Marcello's & Ronando's had some modest amount of pace.

This was obviously planned....

Obviously the odds are against the goalie, but they had his number & he bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Torres you're a complete joke! I knew he'd miss. And what's worse, you put it on a plate for Penaldo!

Wait...what did Torres do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'll talk to you lads in a couple of years.

Fatboy_reacts.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Champions of Europe yet again. They are without doubt the Kings of European football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Feel gutted for Athletico.

Heartbreaking to lose twice in the final vs the same team which are their local rivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Awful game. Remind me never to watch Atletico again. Brutal team.

lol

Like they care if some guy on a forum thinks they're not the "best team in Europe", which is completely your own opinion.

They're champions of Europe, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Spare a thought for Rafa Benitez tonight. Starts the season at Real Madrid, he ends it watching them lift the Champions League trophy while managing a now Championship side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Pepe ends up being on the winning team tonight

There is no God :(

• Are you surprised by Ronaldo's no show? I'm not.

Laughing-Hard-Meme-10.jpg

Lol go to bed mate!

Tinie wrote: »
    lol

Like they care if some guy on a forum thinks they're not the "best team in Europe", which is completely your own opinion.

They're champions of Europe, end of.

Why would they care what I think. You do though and that's good enough for me. They aren't the best bloody team in Europe, they aren't even the best team in Spain. A series of lucky draws and a penalty shoot out. Color me unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Pepe is a disgusting human being. Ronaldo takes all the limelight after doing f*ck all all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

they can only play who they get drawn against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

eagle eye wrote: »
    Champions of Europe yet again. They are without doubt the Kings of European football.

11 CL wins can't be argued with.

Crap final, would have been nice to see that mad bastard Simeone get it but that's football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Poor game. Thought Atleti had it in the second half when Real looked out on their feet.

Embarrassing match thread hijacked again. A joke at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Giles is such a grumpy old man

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Laughing-Hard-Meme-10.jpg

A penalty in a penalty shoot out rectifies a no show for 120 minutes, honestly how do some people watch football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Worst crying ever. No snotty messes or runny eyeliner to be seen. Shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Paully D wrote: »
    Spare a thought for Rafa Benitez tonight. Starts the season at Real Madrid, he ends it watching them lift the Champions League trophy while managing a now Championship side.

It was his team that won it again. It was all down to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't get it, ronaldo does nothing for 120 mins and is now lauded for scoring a penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

This is ncredibly bitter but I hope ramos has a torrid time of it at the euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

You'd wonder how many of those starting 11s will be there next season, especially from an Atletico point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Torres deserves criticism for not stepping up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

11 CL wins can't be argued with.

I'd argue about the status of the first 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't get it, ronaldo does nothing for 120 mins and is now lauded for scoring a penalty?

Not a penalty. THE penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

He might have been on the 5th I'd imagine

It's no exaggeration to say I do not remember a less deserving champion team of Europe...

The older heads would remember wins by the likes of Steau Bucharest and Marseille...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Shanee. wrote: »
    Pepe is a disgusting human being. Ronaldo takes all the limelight after doing f*ck all all game.

As much as I dislike Ronaldo, he deserves it after scoring 16 goals in this seasons competition.

Why would they care what I think. You do though and that's good enough for me. They aren't the best bloody team in Europe, they aren't even the best team in Spain. A series of lucky draws and a penalty shoot out. Color me unimpressed.

I care what you think? Where did you pull that from LOL

I'm stating a fact, Real are champions of Europe. Whether they're the best is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

cartman-suarezl2jkh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

Maybe he was going to take the 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sickened by that. Wasn't too bothered who won at the start of the game but Pepe's antics won me over to the Atletico side. Absolute dick of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dunphy says that Bale didn't play well tonight... He was easily their best player.

Lord knows how Juanfran must be feeling :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't like Madrid and don't like Ronaldo but after reading that Barca's guy whinging on here, their win is a little more palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Cienciano wrote: »
    As much as I dislike Ronaldo, he deserves it after scoring 16 goals in this seasons competition.

Yeah in group games that dont count as they have already topped the group. I know he is regarded as one of the best players in the world, but he really does go missing when it matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Best player in the world steps up to win the game for the best side in the world very fitting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement