Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final | Atlético V Real KO 7.45 - Mod Waning in OP - stay on topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

me89 wrote: »
    Maybe he was going to take the 5th

He should be going before Juanfran. That's simple mathematics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't get it, ronaldo does nothing for 120 mins and is now lauded for scoring a penalty?

After having a poor game, he still had the mental toughness to step up and score the winning penalty despite all the pressure on him.

That's what he's being lauded for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

But they have have the trophy so peoples opinions on who is the best team is irrelevant.

Except AIG's off course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't get it, ronaldo does nothing for 120 mins and is now lauded for scoring a penalty?

He'll be all over the papers too tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The older heads would remember wins by the likes of Steau Bucharest and Marseille...

Red Star Belgrade in 91, anti football at its best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Dunphy: "Bale didn't do anything all season just scored a few goals in a weak league"

what an absolute eeijit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dunphy says that Bale didn't play well tonight... He was easily their best player.

Doesn't say a lot tbh. Bale was the best of a very very bad lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

keith16 wrote: »
    Great work by the camera crew focussing in on crying children.

Sure that's what football's all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Shanee. wrote: »
    Yeah in group games that dont count as they have already topped the group. I know he is regarded as one of the best players in the world, but he really does go missing when it matters.

Like the hatrick he scored in the quarters when they looked to be out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Best player in the world steps up to win the game for the best side in the world very fitting.

Best side in the world my b*lox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Simeone casually slapping each Madrid player. I'd say it's killing him to keep himself from clinching his fist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Diving, crying, fouling, bitching...
    Terrible game.

Some great pens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Tinie wrote: »
    lol

Like they care if some guy on a forum thinks they're not the "best team in Europe", which is completely your own opinion.

They're champions of Europe, end of.

Why would they care what I think. You do though and that's good enough for me. They aren't the best bloody team in Europe, they aren't even the best team in Spain. A series of lucky draws and a penalty shoot out. Color me unimpressed.

The best team doesn't always win in knockout football, big deal. They did enough to progress all the way through and edged it on the night. They're champions of Europe again and that's all there is to it.

Have to feel bad for Atletico though. They were the best team in Europe this year overall, had the tougher route, yet just didn't hold their nerve at the crucial moment as Real did. They did well to bounce back from one devastating CL final loss, but twice in three years will be tough. Hopefully Simeone can keep building the team and they can achieve that ultimate goal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The older heads would remember wins by the likes of Steau Bucharest and Marseille...

Well I gotta appeal to the younger crowd. At least they are possibly the least deserving winners since the competition was reformatted into the Champions League.

Well I gotta appeal to the younger crowd. At least they are possibly the least deserving winners since the competition was reformatted into the Champions League.

Marseille won the first ever champions league.

• Advertisement

Red Star Belgrade in 91, anti football at its best

I considered them...but they had some great players and beat Bayern in the semi final.

Tinie wrote: »
    lol

Like they care if some guy on a forum thinks they're not the "best team in Europe", which is completely your own opinion.

They're champions of Europe, end of.

Shut up, just shut up :pac:
    You dont even know real football, tu comme pescado :pac::pac:

Pepe ends up being on the winning team tonight

There is no God :(

I think Im the only person who likes Pepe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Simeone casually slapping each Madrid player. I'd say it's killing him to keep himself from clinching his fist

I wonder did Pepe hit the deck after a slap,

Happy for Zidane & Bale. But Pepe, just no......

• Advertisement

You're not really considering the younger crowd. You're engaging in hyperbole that is easily dismissed as nonsense.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Like the hatrick he scored in the quarters when they looked to be out.

First goal was on a plate for him. He goes missing more often than not on teh big stage

Real Madrid best team in Europe. Barca couldn't even touch them. Barca will turn into "this is our year" team in the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Oblak... well, except it would be to his left.

https://twitter.com/AgustinaIbarra_/status/736676043189325824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dunphy says that Bale didn't play well tonight... He was easily their best player.
    Huh? What game were you watching? Kroos, Modric and Sergio Ramos were the standout players for RM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Cienciano wrote: »
    As much as I dislike Ronaldo, he deserves it after scoring 16 goals in this seasons competition.

Yeah in group games that dont count as they have already topped the group. I know he is regarded as one of the best players in the world, but he really does go missing when it matters.

He has the record for goals scored in the CL knockout stages.

But yeah, he only scores in meaningless group games...

Once again Dunphy laments the state of the game and says its terrible.

He does this every single year after the Champions League final.

How the hell is the game in existence still is my big questions seeing as it seems to be on it's last legs every year.

Lets be honest 95% here dont remember Porto winning, you think they remember Desailly charging around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Eh no.
    Again, Marseille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

astonaidan wrote: »
    Lets be honest 95% here dont remember Porto winning, you think they remember Desailly charging around
    There are most of us old guys around here than you think.

• Advertisement

He should be going before Juanfran. That's simple mathematics.

Like Ronaldo should go before Marcelo and Ramos, your logic is flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

Poor game, rubbish final. Penalties were probably the best part.

Barca v Madrid or barca v munich would probably have been so much better. Fair play to zidane, he's turned madrid right around with subtle tweaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Pepe with the selfie stick just to endear himself that bit more to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

eagle eye wrote: »
    Huh? What game were you watching? Kroos, Modric and Sergio Ramos were the standout players for RM.

Marcelo too had a good game and hit a cracker of a pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's no exaggeration to say I do not remember a less deserving champion team of Europe. Some might say Chelsea 2012 but they did have to get past Pep's Barça and a formidable Bayern Munich. This Real Madrid side had the easiest bunch of 2 legged ties in can remember and won it on penalties. They have the trophy but the best team in Europe they most certainly are not.

You seem to be under the impression that the best side in Europe always wins the European Cup. :confused:

A selfie tick. Oh wow that's bad. He's no Tyler Breeze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Why would they care what I think. You do though and that's good enough for me. They aren't the best bloody team in Europe, they aren't even the best team in Spain. A series of lucky draws and a penalty shoot out. Color me unimpressed.

They finished one point off the top.

Trophy In their cabinet says you're wrong and your logic does not compute. Keep biting those lemons. They're bitter I tell ye

Gutted for Griezman. How different it could be if he had scored that peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

And with that, Owen Hargreaves is disassembled, his motherboard removed, and he is put into storage at BT Sports studios for the summer.

• Advertisement

A penalty in a penalty shoot out rectifies a no show for 120 minutes, honestly how do some people watch football?

Sometimes winding you up is better than logic

eagle eye wrote: »
    There are most of us old guys around here than you think.

Their not hard to spot tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Like Ronaldo should go before Marcelo and Ramos, your logic is flawed

Ronaldo was playing the percentages, holding out for what he thought had the best chance of being the winning penalty. Remember he was heavily criticised for not taking one against Spain in the last Euros.

Why do goalkeepers usually go last? Your best penalty takers go first, that IS logic.

They finished one point off the top.

Trophy In their cabinet says you're wrong and your logic does not compute. Keep biting those lemons. They're bitter I tell ye

Why have lemons when you can have turnips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

There was some absolute mongozoids in the crowd behind Real as they were getting ready to lift the trophy.

Yea really went missing against Sweden there lately when he dragged his team to the euros with a hat trick. I also saw him missing the night he banged in the winner against Barcelona in the copa del rey when they won 1-0

Not to.mention the hat trick against Wolfsberg.

People always criticise him but his stats paint a very different picture than the lazy statements that try to denigrate the man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Their not hard to spot tbh :D

Yes, we are the ones who know how to use there, their or they're correctly :)

Ronaldo was playing the percentages, holding out for what he thought had the best chance of being the winning penalty. Remember he was heavily criticised for not taking one against Spain in the last Euros.

Why do goalkeepers usually go last? Your best penalty takers go first, that IS logic.

Maybe he was one of the best five, players miss penalties. Look at the Barcelona record this season

keith16 wrote: »
    There was some absolute mongozoids in the crowd behind Real as they were getting ready to lift the trophy.

If mongozoids are what I think they are can you please provide a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Funny I remember it different when Drogba did same in 2012

• Advertisement
Advertisement