Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final | Atlético V Real KO 7.45 - Mod Waning in OP - stay on topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

sabat wrote: »
    I'd argue about the status of the first 5

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Torres deserves criticism for not stepping up.
    He should be going before Juanfran. That's simple mathematics.

Why? Torres is SH1T at penalties. If I was the coach I wouldn't allow Torres anywhere near the spot. He's genuinely shocking at them.

Ronaldo was playing the percentages, holding out for what he thought had the best chance of being the winning penalty. Remember he was heavily criticised for not taking one against Spain in the last Euros.

Why do goalkeepers usually go last? Your best penalty takers go first, that IS logic.

I don't understand what you're saying at all.....surely what you're saying here completely negates your point? If your best takers go first, then Ronaldo should have been much sooner (and was just being selfish), and Torres should be towards the last or indeed, never.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

keith16 wrote: »
    There was some absolute mongozoids in the crowd behind Real as they were getting ready to lift the trophy.

What in Gods name is a "mongozoid"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Marseille won the first ever champions league.

No they did not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

twinex wrote: »

Joan burton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Has Dunphy had botox treatment? His forehead's looking a lot smoother than I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Thought Clattenburg had a very good game tonight, looked like the game was going to go to sh1t after the first ten minutes but he left them at it and didnt give any soft frees. Only blunder was that he saw Pepe blatantly dive twice and left him away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

How good is carrasco lads, and someone said he's not going to start against us? That mertens is fairly terrible like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

kona wrote: »
    No they did not

Yes they did.

In 91-92 the competition was called the European Cup.

In 92-93 the competition was re-branded as The Champions League.

Marseille won the competition in 92-93.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jesus I'm surprised at some of the comments in here, I thought it was an excellent game really enjoyable.

• Advertisement

twinex wrote: »

I think they could be tits but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Once again Europes most clutch player steps up when needed the most and wins another Champions league for his club, can be no doubt any more about who is the best player in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Why? Torres is SH1T at penalties. If I was the coach I wouldn't allow Torres anywhere near the spot. He's genuinely shocking at them.

I don't understand what you're saying at all.....surely what you're saying here completely negates your point? If your best takers go first, then Ronaldo should have been much sooner (and was just being selfish), and Torres should be towards the last or indeed, never.

Come off it. Torres takes more penalties in regular play than Juanfran.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

kona wrote: »
    Joan burton

Ah the life of a politician, Kenny at the Springsteen concert and Burton at the European final. Tis well for'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Once again Europes most clutch player steps up when needed the most and wins another Champions league for his club, can be no doubt any more about who is the best player in the world.

But will they bite??? Good try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

CSF wrote: »
    Simeone's strikerate with signings is crazy high.

Meh, Jackson Martinez, Vietto, Siqueira, Mandzukic, Raul Jiminez, Cerci. He doesn't have a great one tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Nothing to do with the other 4 scorers for real?

In fairness, more effort needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

But will they bite??? Good try

I'm done for the night so he's going to have to try to reel in some cod instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the other 4 scorers for real?

What other player consistently steps up and scores winners in the big games? Its not like we haven't been here before, a big game and once again Ronaldo is the difference, the facts speak for themselves on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Suarez was at home licking his lips, he would have smashed both of these on tonight's performances.
    I feel sorry for Torres. He was having a very private moment in a very public place, shaking and in tears with a camera stuck in his face.

I'm done for the night so he's going to have to try to reel in some cod instead.

AH it's a shame the great white is retiring for the night. Chin up it will be Barcelona year next year. Klopp is on the way

Suarez ?

AH it's a shame the great white is retiring for the night. Chin up it will be Barcelona year next year. Klopp is on the way

It could well be. Most successful club in the 21st century, Spanish Champions and Kings Cup holders and after seeing that tonight, without a doubt in my mind, the best team in Europe still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

11 times.

Still the biggest club in the world.

• Advertisement

It could well be. Most successful club in the 21st century, Spanish Champions and Kings Cup holders and after seeing that tonight, without a doubt in my mind, the best team in Europe still.

I thought you were retiring for the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Suarez was at home licking his lips, he would have smashed both of these on tonight's performances.
    I feel sorry for Torres. He was having a very private moment in a very public place, shaking and in tears with a camera stuck in his face.

I feel so sorry that a multi-millionaire footballer lost in a football match

SlickRic wrote: »
    11 times.

Still the biggest club in the world.

5 of those are literally the most contentious titles ever awarded in sport but whatever, I don't care enough right now.

A little common deceny from the broadcasters wouldn't go astray at a time like that.

5 of those are literally the most contentious titles ever awarded in sport but whatever, I don't care enough right now.

If you take those 5 away they still have 6 so that's just behind AC Milan (if you decide to arbitrarily deduct titles from them of course).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

He said he was going to bed, he never said he wasnt taking his laptop with him. Hes going to watch some Pep passing drills and chant everything will be ok Pep will win us the premierleague next year, then everyone will listen :pac:

But numbers and records done lie. They are not based in opinion and "no doubts of mind"🙂ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Great.

Still, biggest club in the world.

astonaidan wrote: »
    He said he was going to bed, he never said he wasnt taking his laptop with him. Hes going to watch some Pep passing drills and chant everything will be ok Pep will win us the premierleague next year, then everyone will listen :pac:

AH he's a city fan now then?

astonaidan wrote: »

I didn't mention bed once, please refrain from thinking of me in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Come off it. Torres takes more penalties in regular play than Juanfran.

He doesn't....you're underestimating how bad he is I think...since 2008 in club football he's taken 3, and missed 2 of them, including the only one he took this year, earlier in the champions league against Bayern. He's just bad at them, and I wouldn't give him a bit of criticism for not stepping up. If anything, i'd think less of him for trying to be steal some glory despite knowing he wasn't a likely scorer.

Maybe neither of them should have been on a pen, but Torres certainly wasn't the fault.

But numbers and records done lie. They are not based in opinion and "no doubts of mind"🙂ðŸ˜

They do a bit....this being a prime example bit again, whatever.

AH he's a city fan now then?

City,Bayern Chelsea and Barcelona.

He's got this supporting teams thing worked out well in fairness. He can't really lose with that selection.

I think for the upcoming GAA season I'm going to abandon Offaly and go with Dublin,Kerry,Mayo,Tyrone and Tipp and Kilkenny in the hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

me89 wrote: »
    Maybe he was going to take the 5th

Clever clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone know if Real Madrid's win tonight means Rafa Benitez will get a winner's medal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

OP is back from the pub.
    they all get over paid, hope they enjoy their hooliers
    feck them all !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's that time of a match thread when the crazies come out.

They do a bit....this being a prime example bit again, whatever.

Deluded much......or fail to grasp how historical events are reflected as truths.

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BILL BECAUSE MY MIND SAID SO....

No money was on his mind. Those moments are raw moments, where nothing matters but winning with his team and team mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I wish I could go to sleep and still post nonsense, like Im pretty good at it while Im awake, I just feel Im missing out on a lot of time sleeping :(

No money was on his mind. Those moments are raw moments, where nothing matters but winning with his team and team mates.

You'll always have envious plonkers with a chip on their shoulders who will try and use a professionals pay slip to denigrate their human emotions. It's cool though because.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sam Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Just gonna leave this here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This thread : The unsolvable mystery of why a player is less productive against top class teams than he is against rubbish ones

• Advertisement

Shanee. wrote: »
    Just gonna leave this here

That's not the headline here, granted it's correct and speaks volumes but the headline is Ronaldo scores penalty(!). He's the penalty king, the Malmo destroyer.

Advertisement