Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final | Atlético V Real KO 7.45 - Mod Waning in OP - stay on topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

CSF wrote: »
    Atletico players will be much better placed to go 120 minutes in my opinion.

I think so as well, Real looked very jaded in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Ronaldos always poor. He just normally scores a lot of goals while being poor.

Best poor player i've ever seen actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

keith16 wrote: »
    That is a clear red.

It's really, really not. The rules are fairly clear on that one. It's a tackle from behind but he wasn't wreckless or out of control.....so it's a yellow.

Should the rules be changed? Perhaps yes. But the ref can only enforce the rules as they are.....not how you think they should be tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Madrid look shattered, and carrying Ronaldo.
    For me, this is Atleticos best ever chance of lifting the trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Imo Clattemburg has been excellent today!!!

I haven't been this impressed by a referee in a long time. Shame he doesn't perform like this in the Prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That is a clear red.

It isn't, but it should be. Tackle from behind on a counter attack 3 vs 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ha! Ramos has a tramp stamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are Pepe and Ramos the most revolting centre back pairing in history? Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Bring on to **** correa!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Ronaldo was pants in the last CL final too and in the Barca/United final years ago.

But he scored that all important peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

It isn't btw. Club and country, he's so often failed to be the difference maker in the very biggest games.

11 goals in 16 club finals going into today. Not exactly a poor record, has a decent haul in european semis as well

• It isn't btw. Club and country, he's so often failed to be the difference maker in the very biggest games.

Lol he dragged Portugal into so many tournaments practically all by himself

Not to mention huge games / goals in countless el classicos and champions league knock out matches

Honestly stop

Funny how every match thread has to turn into a Willy wave session :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn't think it was a red by the rules. I'm still not sure a yellow does that offence justice though when you consider Gabi got the same punishment for having a bit of a moan about it.

rizzodun wrote: »
    The collective cheering for Atleti to win from members who would probably be at each others throats normally is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling..

It's not even an Ireland Euro 2016 match thread :D

Normal service will be resumed come August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

corny wrote: »

So poor he's scored more goals than he's played games for Real. What a shithouse.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I didn't think it was a red by the rules. I'm still not sure a yellow does that offence justice though when you consider Gabi got the same punishment for having a bit of a moan about it.

He didn't have a bit of a moan. He golf clapped him. And he got booked for it. Sarcastically applauding the ref is a form of dissent. That's why he got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But he scored that all important peno.

If celebrations are any way to judge the importance of a goal, it was one of the most important goals of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Sneaky All time 11 would be mainly Pepe and Ramos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ZZ taking Kroos off could end up costing his team the CL win.

Kirby wrote: »
    He didn't have a bit of a moan. He golf clapped him. And he got booked for it. Sarcastically applauding the ref is a form of dissent. That's why he got it.
    I'm not saying it wasn't a yellow. But it doesn't seem right for that to warrant the same punishment as the Ramos tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

corny wrote: »

He's a devastating goalscorer but other stats and just generally watching him the last couple of years particularly will back that up. When he isn't scoring there really isn't much else. Against this defence tonight he looks clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

ceegee wrote: »
    11 goals in 16 club finals going into today. Not exactly a poor record, has a decent haul in european semis as well

Add to that the fantastic hat trick he got against Wolfsburg to pull Madrid through to the semis when they looked to be out of the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It isn't btw. Club and country, he's so often failed to be the difference maker in the very biggest games.

Off the top of my head...

Champions League Final 08.
    Countless goals in the 08 Premier League run in, and 09.
    So many Clasico goals.
    Fúck sake, didn't he score a hat trick to get them through against Wolfsburg just this season?

Ridiculous statement. And you know it. You just won't admit it. Your Barca heart won't let you.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Not to mention huge games / goals in countless el classicos and champions league knock out matches

Honestly stop

+100000 without Ronaldo, the Portugal squad is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

ceegee wrote: »

Never, ever looks like Real's best player in a big game. Never. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Athletico should have gone for it after the equalizer, Real were there for the taking second half, 1-1 a fair result so far though.

Add to that the fantastic hat trick he got against Wolfsburg to pull Madrid through to the semis when they looked to be out of the competition.

Yeah that world class wolfsburg team that finished mid-table in the german league.

Honestly stop

What tournaments? I can think of one. You'd swear Portugal were a pub team rather than a country with a pick of players playing for big clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NIMAN wrote: »
    Madrid look shattered, and carrying Ronaldo.
    For me, this is Atleticos best ever chance of lifting the trophy.

This could be a reversal of the last final, the Real players this time look out on their feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ronaldo missing the deciding penalty in a shootout would be delicious.

• Advertisement

This isn't seriously going to turn into a Ronaldo thread while the game is still in progress, is it?

Danilo is so bad.

Advantage! Bloody advantage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He's a devastating goalscorer but other stats and just generally watching him the last couple of years particularly will back that up. When he isn't scoring there really isn't much else. Against this defence tonight he looks clueless.
    Did you see Real Madrid without him in the first leg of the semi-final against City? They were awful and it just showed how much he adds to their team.

He is a class act and is just not having a good night, same can be said for all the other Real Madrid attacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Clattenburg really doesn't like giving advantage does he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

What tournaments? I can think of one. You'd swear Portugal were a pub team rather than a country with a pick of players playing for big clubs.

my question to you is has messi done it on a wet windy and wild night in stoke ?

• CSF wrote: »
    This isn't seriously going to turn into a Ronaldo thread while the game is still in progress, is it?

You tend to have a habit of proclaiming issues in certain threads and at the same time enjoy adding fuel to the fire

Chat to AIG he brought it up BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Yeah that world class wolfsburg team that finished mid-table in the german league.

They were 2 down he scored a hat trick to get them through in a big game. Who said Wolfsburg were world class? All in your head chap.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did you see Real Madrid without him in the first leg of the semi-final against City? They were awful and it just showed how much he adds to their team.

He is a class act and is just not having a good night, same can be said for all the other Real Madrid attacking players.

Or they were away from home and fairly content with a draw. When he eventually leaves the effect on the Madrid team will be minimal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Kirby wrote: »
    But the ref can only enforce the rules as they are.....not how you think they should be tbh.

Soooorreeee. I was just commenting on the game in passing and reacting as I saw it.

I'm not trying to declare myself as some sort of soccer jedi knight who thinks they know it all.

That's a good chance wasted there. He's good in the air. He should have scored.

You tend to have a habit of proclaiming issues in certain threads and at the same time enjoy adding fuel to the fire

Chat to AIG he brought it up BTW
    I'd prefer to talk about the match if possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Never, ever looks like Real's best player in a big game. Never. Ever.

Only Di Stefano has scored more Clasico goals than him. Not bad for someone whos never their best player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Soooorreeee. I was just commenting on the game in passing and reacting as I saw it.

I'm not trying to declare myself as some sort of soccer jedi knight who thinks they know it all.

Well said. I could use this line a few times myself :)

Danilo is just terrible tonight

• Advertisement

I hope coleman can control carrasco!

Jedi ball would be amazing. I'd watch that.

Darth Maul in goal, Vader as the enforcer, Qui-Gon Jinn as the water carrier, Obi-wan Kenobi as the tricky winger with Luke up front. Rey could be the cheerleader coz frankly she was a big mary sue. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Johner wrote: »
    So poor he's scored more goals than he's played games for Real. What a shithouse.

Exactly. All about the goals. When he doesn't score what else does he offer in big games. His tenacity, his movement, his selfless passing for others? Of course not. He sulks and waits until someone puts it on a plate for him to be the hero.

Give the ball to Carrasco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Is there an idiot with a whistle in the crowd? :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement