Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

npws app form

• 28-05-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I'm filling in the permission to hunt fauna.

I'm only putting down the Malahide Estuary (can't think of anywhere I should list).

So, looking at the list of birds, is it ok to just put down "all fauna in season"? I'd rather not list every bird individually. Space is tight and i'm sure most species aren't at the estuary, so not wanting to look like an eijet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Locations
    Wexford - lady's island
    All lakes - all state lakes
    Foreshore for the following -
    Dublin, Louth, Meath, Wicklow
    That will cover you for east coast and all lakes systems

I included Mayo, Sligo and Galway (have family there)

Species : Duck, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

I'm in a different part of the country so can't help on locations but I just put wild fowl on application and they had no problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

Locations
    Wexford - lady's island

On the second page (back of form) when filling in foreshore section, you tick the box for each foreshore you want to shoot over .........but did you also fill in each line in next column - SPECIFY EXACT AREA(S) OF COUNTY FORESHORE YOU WISH TO HUNT ON....for most of them (besides Wexford) & Mayo it's self explanatory really? Is this just for Mayo & Wexford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

Locations
    Wexford - lady's island

On the second page (back of form) when filling in foreshore section, you tick the box for each foreshore you want to shoot over .........but did you also fill in each line in next column - SPECIFY EXACT AREA(S) OF COUNTY FORESHORE YOU WISH TO HUNT ON....for most of them (besides Wexford) & Mayo it's self explanatory really? Is this just for Mayo & Wexford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

My license is four years old, so things may have changed.
    As far as I remember I listed the county's only and state lakes, Wexford being the only one which had detailed. I listed the species list as some geese are protected even though thier wild fowl.
    The above list in post two is taken directly from my issued license.

• Advertisement

The form is different now than my last one of 5 years ago to the new one I sent in last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

J.R. wrote: »

Wexford and Mayo seem to be the only areas requiring specific locations to be mentioned. To be safe, on the Dublin one (which specifies the Malahide estuary) I just wrote "all areas outside of the sanctuary".

I got mine for the Shannon estuary in Limerick and Clare and I just put north shore and south shore

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

I wrote malahide estuary but they came back and want to know where ? WTF😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

MrTom1 wrote: »
    I wrote malahide estuary but they came back and want to know where ? WTF😠

When was that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement