Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call centre has made internet worse!

Options
  • 28-05-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    So we contacted eir on Thursday regarding our internet following a webchat I had with a customer service rep regarding our speeds, he advised that it looked like there was an issue and that we would need to contact the call centre for them to log onto our router so anyway rang Thursday spoke to a lovely rep who advised yes we should be getting a better speed that because we were on a 24mb package our router was constantly trying to get a higher speed (usual was approx 3.5 down 0.90 up) we live in the countryside. He advised that if he moved us to a lower pancake of 5mb we could get a constant 4.5down speed still on the same terms of our existing contract so we advised to go ahead and downgrade our package. He said he would put through and should be updated by 2 pm Friday.
    So Friday came and our internet was WORSE our down was between 1.5 to 2.0 and our up was between 0.10 to 0.50. We rang back customer service and spoke to a horrible rep who advised that basically that was all our line was capable of we advised of our conversation the previous day and he said basically there was nothing he could do. We said to revert the changes and put us back on our previous package he advised he would do this and our internet has still not gotten better.
    Today's best speed we have got is 2.27 down with 0.18 up. This is ridiculous. How could a conversation about improving our internet have a complete opposite effect.
    I am very unhappy with this level of service and would like the matter resolved ASAP
    Regards
    Unhappy customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

MarianneH wrote: »
    Hi
    So we contacted eir on Thursday regarding our internet following a webchat I had with a customer service rep regarding our speeds, he advised that it looked like there was an issue and that we would need to contact the call centre for them to log onto our router so anyway rang Thursday spoke to a lovely rep who advised yes we should be getting a better speed that because we were on a 24mb package our router was constantly trying to get a higher speed (usual was approx 3.5 down 0.90 up) we live in the countryside. He advised that if he moved us to a lower pancake of 5mb we could get a constant 4.5down speed still on the same terms of our existing contract so we advised to go ahead and downgrade our package. He said he would put through and should be updated by 2 pm Friday.
    So Friday came and our internet was WORSE our down was between 1.5 to 2.0 and our up was between 0.10 to 0.50. We rang back customer service and spoke to a horrible rep who advised that basically that was all our line was capable of we advised of our conversation the previous day and he said basically there was nothing he could do. We said to revert the changes and put us back on our previous package he advised he would do this and our internet has still not gotten better.
    Today's best speed we have got is 2.27 down with 0.18 up. This is ridiculous. How could a conversation about improving our internet have a complete opposite effect.
    I am very unhappy with this level of service and would like the matter resolved ASAP
    Regards
    Unhappy customer.
    Hi MarianneH, 

I'm very sorry to hear that your service is still not working correctly. 

I'm afraid the support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) would need to investigate this issue for you there. Unfortunately I have no access to the testing systems from here. They'll be able to troubleshoot the issue with you and resolve it. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement