Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shop

• 28-05-2016 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

With Siopa Rothar gone, and fine weather finally arriving, where's a good place to get new tyres and a bike once-over to get me pedalling again ?

Is Jim O'Brien still in business, or who else does it ?

I know there's Halfords, etc, but would prefer an actual bike shop if one still exists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ptyloch

Hi guys

With Siopa Rothar gone, and fine weather finally arriving, where's a good place to get new tyres and a bike once-over to get me pedalling again ?

I know there's Halfords, etc, but would prefer an actual bike shop if one still exists.

The Bike shop on O'Connell Avenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

ptyloch wrote: »
    The Bike shop on O'Connell Avenue?

Had forgotten about that one! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I'd recommend either

the bike shop as mentioned above

Or the bike hub in Coonagh

There's also Raw cycles in ballysimon (beside soundstore)

Tribike bikes in Raheen also

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Hi guys

Last I heard, the Siopa Rothar guy was working in Tri Bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wheres da sun

ya Locky from Siopa Rothar is working in Tri Bikes now - best mechanic in town imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

ya Locky from Siopa Rothar is working in Tri Bikes now - best mechanic in town imo

Got sorted in Tribikes (the handiest for parking, and they were decent too, as they checked the old tyres and said they were grand/hadn't gone porous)

Bought one of the track pumps off them in return - I'd been thinking they were handy and it's nice to reward good service with custom.

Thanks to all for the replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Bit late to this thread, but for future reference, I really couldn't recommend The Hub more. They are passionate about bikes and really know their stuff.

I can't say I had a great experience with Tri Bikes.They tried to fob me off with a bike spec that only goes up to 5'11 when I am 6'1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭RINO87

also late to this thread but ive found they guy in evolution cycles on patricks road to be great. I had parts myself that i needed fitted, but didnt have the space or tools at home to do it. He had no problem fitting them. Became a regular customer because of this and always found the service to be top notch. The second you walk into the workshop you can see this guys passion for the rothar! http://www.evolutioncycles.ie/

Advertisement