Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dolce gusto coffee machines.

• 28-05-2016 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭

I was in home and cook in Kildare village and they had the Krups dolce gusto oblo machine for 39 euro. Identical to the below linked machine.

https://www.dolce-gusto.ie/m/coffee-machines/oblo/oblo-krups-dark-red

The black was also in stock but wasn't as cheap.

The below linked machine was €49.99

https://www.dolce-gusto.ie/m/coffee-machines/mini-me

Very good value all round I thought. They had other versions and all were a good bit cheaper than the online site.

Edit: all machines bought came with an additional 24 pods too. Mixture of flavours including ice tea, hot chocolate and of course coffees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Also saw these machines, mostly in black from what I could see, on the counter in Argos Navan for about 33 euro yesterday evening... I didn't notice whether there were any extras included like pods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Also saw these machines, mostly in black from what I could see, on the counter in Argos Navan for about 33 euro yesterday evening... I didn't notice whether there were any extras included like pods.

got them in kidlare village and argos on different occassions - Kildare village there are 6 ( i think) pods free as well as voucher for 12euro off online order (this was 3 weeks ago). Argos only had the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

fast_eddie wrote: »

Same one in DID electrical for 39 euros. Not sure if any free pods though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Where are people buying their pods?

Tesco: €0.35, Dolce Gusto site: €0.35 (with discount I got €0.22), Cafe.com €0.35...gotta love the price fixing.

One of the best seems to be €0.31 inc free delivery with a €50 threshold at discountcoffee.ie .

Fake edit:
    Just thought of amazon...
    Originals: €0.28
    Compatibles: €0.39 (huh)

If anyone has a better source please share ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

ED E wrote: »
    Where are people buying their pods?

Tesco: €0.35, Dolce Gusto site: €0.35 (with discount I got €0.22), Cafe.com €0.35...gotta love the price fixing.

One of the best seems to be €0.31 inc free delivery with a €50 threshold at discountcoffee.ie .

Fake edit:
    Just thought of amazon...
    Originals: €0.28
    Compatibles: €0.39 (huh)

If anyone has a better source please share ;)

With you on that I dare say the coffee is some of the best i've had from a machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I got mine on the dolce gusto website using the €12 voucher code. One box of grande (30 pods) and a box of delicious and limited edition nyumba lungo (12 pods). My total including shipping was €7.50 after using the voucher. Without it would have been €15.50 plus €4.50 shipping so about 40c a pod.
    We use the red pods at work but I think the yellow grande pods are far nicer.

Not a fan of the Grande, like the Americano and the Lungo is to die for (Regular, waiting on the nyumba).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

quick one for you all, with these machines, if you were to choose a latte how does the milk work, does it go in another compartment?

scudzilla wrote: »
    quick one for you all, with these machines, if you were to choose a latte how does the milk work, does it go in another compartment?

Its a 2 pod drink, so you do them sequentially.

71HxbvNGhnL._SL1169_.jpg
    (first image I found)

Milk goes first, most of the way, then coffee added on top as per diagram. With auto machines you set the level, manual machines you do it by eye.

If you make one with milk, you're not doing it right!!

• Advertisement

Not a fan of the Grande, like the Americano and the Lungo is to die for (Regular, waiting on the nyumba).

Let me know what you think of the nyumba. I'm holding off on using them as they are so nice.

Let me know what you think of the nyumba. I'm holding off on using them as they are so nice.

Necro but I prefer regular Lungo.

Got some Mochas for the OH, ended up drinking more myself :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Usually go for the Grande or Intenso myself. If you want milk in them you're better off just frothing some actual milk and using the barista/espresso pods for the coffee part imo, didn't think the cappuccinos were great when I tried them but I don't particularly like milky coffee anymore anyway.

Anyone residing on the border might want to take advantage of this, little too far from Dublin:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tassimo-dolce-gusto-pods-3-for-10-asda-store-2490430

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

£3 in Waitrose apparently. When we got our machine first the pods were €4:49 each. Then one arbitrary day they went up to 5:69. No reason at all. So I don't buy half as much as I used to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kiernans20

Groupon ran an offer of 100 dolce gusto pods for €24.99. Bought the espresso Classico pods but there was a slight different design to the ones on Irish shelves as the bottom of the pods had what only can be described as a nipple sticking out at the end. Anyways they weren't fully compatable as hot water was spilling out of the machine as it wasn't coming out quick enough through the pod so returned them for full refund. Pity as it was very good value.

They have them now (maybe real ones as 100x isnt a quantity Nescafe make) but its terrible value.
    £19.99 for 44 coffee pods
    £39.99 for 88 coffee pods
    £35.99 for 44 coffee pods with 50 compatible milks
    £56.99 for 88 coffee pods with 50 compatible milks
    Link

52 cent a pod, gerrrrupoutttadat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

biggest waste of €50, pods are to expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

They have them now (maybe real ones as 100x isnt a quantity Nescafe make) but its terrible value.

Quote:
    £19.99 for 44 coffee pods
    £39.99 for 88 coffee pods
    £35.99 for 44 coffee pods with 50 compatible milks
    £56.99 for 88 coffee pods with 50 compatible milks

52 cent a pod, gerrrrupoutttadat.

Shocking offer. £40 for 88 is 45p per pod. On the Irish dolce gusto site it's €4.87 for 16 or 30c per pod.

That's half price cheaper and before you factor in the sterling cost

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kiernans20

2xboxes of dolce gusto coffee pods are €10 in Dunnes stores. Bought two today but not sure how long the offer is available for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Amazon subscribe and save comes our a 24cent per pod

kiernans20 wrote: »
    2xboxes of dolce gusto coffee pods are €10 in Dunnes stores. Bought two today but not sure how long the offer is available for.

Normally €5.25 or €5.45? Ok deal, cheers.
    tk123 wrote: »
    Amazon subscribe and save comes our a 24cent per pod

How did I miss that before. Delivery might screw that though...

Ordering 2x units boxes every 1 months comes to:
    €26.40 shipped to Ireland not NI leaving you at €0.275 per pod. Pretty good. If you order more you get the better rate (only one drinking them in mine).

I've dithered over the Amazon sub but I may go Prime soon and get the 15% (as 5x Pods doesnt get the 15%, you need any number of pods + 4 other different items (of any quantity) ).

In the meantime, tried the Barista "flavour", BUONISSIMO!

/necro

JqCjaSf.png
    TcX6hCL.png
    GhFT9QS.png
    fXK0gqo.png
    7kXnAir.png

Still cheaper than DolceGusto.ie but not hugely.

But...
    The International Coffee Organisation?s (ICO) has predicted low prices into the near future for both the global Robusta and Arabica crop.

In its latest April report, the ICO notes that growers such as Uganda, Indonesia, Honduras, India and Peru, who contribute almost a quarter of global exports, significantly increased their shipments in the first months of coffee year 2016/17 and this pushed prices down.
    https://www.independent.co.ug/business-low-prices-ahead-coffee/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

kiernans20 wrote:
    Groupon ran an offer of 100 dolce gusto pods for €24.99. Bought the espresso Classico pods but there was a slight different design to the ones on Irish shelves as the bottom of the pods had what only can be described as a nipple sticking out at the end. Anyways they weren't fully compatable as hot water was spilling out of the machine as it wasn't coming out quick enough through the pod so returned them for full refund. Pity as it was very good value.

Got that too, very good value, a pin prick fixes the prob, very nice coffee too.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Still cheaper than DolceGusto.ie but not hugely.

But...

If you subscribe and save 5 items you get 15% off and rapid delivery from amazon then cancel the subscriptions after delivery. Works out £10.20 per 3 pack dolce gusto at the moment. I just add consumables like shampoo/ conditioner/ deodorant etc to get it up to 5 items in the subscription.

I am a subscribe and save user ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Deub

If you know someone going to France, ask them to bring you pods. They are cheaper in supermarkets (3.5€ for espresso) plus they have the supermarket brand that is not bad. I tried some of them and I had not issue.

Advertisement