Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contactless card - no receipt from shop

Options
  • 28-05-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

I received my contactless credit card more or less two months ago and I've been using regularly since then.
    Just two days ago I went to a shop, after paying with my usual card, I was surprised not to receive a receipt for my credit card payment. When I asked for it, I was told that there is no receipt for the client when the card is tapped.
    I told the lady at the counter that it is possible to issue a copy of the receipt for me, I've been tapping the card every time in every shop and all the time I get the usual receipt. She insisted that the machine doesn't produce any receipt for the client. We had an ongoing conversation that didn't bring anywhere. In the end I didn't know what else to say and I left.
    Could I please ask you to advise me on this matter?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

A receipt should always be issued. Any time i use contactless i always get a receipt as if i used chip and pin.

What's to say the shop didn't purposely over charge you ?

Always demand a receipt i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'm Not affiliated in bank of Ireland in any way, but I work in a place that accepts card payments, we have a bank issued card machine and if a contact less payment is made it only produces a receipt for the merchant. it may be different if the payment is processed through there own epos system, where it give both merchant and customer receipts,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning all, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards, when a contactless payment is made a receipt is not automatically produced, but you can however request one and this should be produced for you. 

I'm not sure why this was not made available to you at that time, but the retailer should have the facility to do so.

Sorry to hear that this happened. 

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Good Morning all, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards, when a contactless payment is made a receipt is not automatically produced, but you can however request one and this should be produced for you. 

I'm not sure why this was not made available to you at that time, but the retailer should have the facility to do so.

Sorry to hear that this happened. 

Evie

You should get a till receipt that indicates that you have paid by credit card, if you get a copy receipt from the credit card machine that is a copy of the merchant docket and not actually a receipt

Advertisement