Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Ninja Warrior [NBC]

• 28-05-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Season 8 starts this week.

Really gotten into this over the past couple of years - the UK version is sh*te and the original Sasuke Japanese version is probably grand if you speak Japanese, but the US version is where it's at (after they worked through the first couple of seasons, which were pretty awful, but then they found their formula and it works well).

Should be a good season for the women this year, they've been getting better and stronger every single season.

Will anyone be joining me in watching it this year? If you're thinking about it and never given it a shot, it's worth giving a go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched it a few years ago and I think I burnt out on it. My interest fizzled out before the end.

That trailer makes me want to watch it again though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    I watched it a few years ago and I think I burnt out on it. My interest fizzled out before the end.

That trailer makes me want to watch it again though. :)

They've refined it over the years and it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be. Last year's was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There was an All-Star Special on the other night on NBC before the Season Premiere tomorrow. Basically has all the fan-favourite running the course and showing off their skills - it's a great episode to watch to give an idea of what to expect for this season. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

what channel is it on? or is it streams?

Thud wrote: »
    what channel is it on? or is it streams?

Wouldn't be shown over here yet - I think Challenge show some of the previous seasons, but yeah what ever way you watch other shows from overseas before they air over here would be your best bet.

• Advertisement

Great fun, really enjoyed it!

Great fun, really enjoyed it!

Glad to hear it. Once you get to know some of the competitors it becomes even more enjoyable because you then have your favourites who you want to root for. I enjoy the VT's of the Ninja's training at home as well and seeing the ninja gyms or the home built obstacles - some of them go all out.

I remember catching Season 1 or 2 of this and they were just doing a sh**ty obstacle course on a beach, but they've pumped a lot of money into it since then, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

it's season 1 they are showing on challenge TV at the moment. I watched the world championship (US vs Europe vs Japan) when I was in the US a while back, it's come a long way since season 1.

Watched the Los Angeles Qualifying Round last night - the standard of competitors is so much better than last year already. Hopefully the start to the best season yet. There's one who didn't get into the top 30 who I really hope gets one of the Wildcard spots for the City Finals as I'd be disappointed if this was the end of their season - I'm talking about
    Tiana Webberly, one of Flip's training partner's, she made it to the iBeam in this Qualifier, and she was brilliant on Team Ninja Warrior so would be good to see her get another shot

You have to admire the sound effects added on top, that's what makes it great. :)

• Advertisement

You have to admire the sound effects added on top, that's what makes it great. :)

That's Gas.

They've switched back to Monday nights now for the rest of the season (dunno why it was on Wednesdays the first few weeks), so new episode should be in all the usual spots sometime this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

UK version of this was fairly sh1t but this looks much better, popped up on my radar today as Stephen Amell - TVs Arrow (good site that) has tweeted he'd like a go next year.

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/772165266792849408

It's into it's 8th season so I think I'll just start on 8x01

The US version is really good (the last few seasons of it anyway - it's evolved a lot since the early days). I've been watching it for the last couple of years and because there's so many returning competitors, once you get to know them and find your own favourites it becomes much more enjoyable.

There's a thread for it over in the Reality TV forum... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057603146

It's into it's 8th season so I think I'll just start on 8x01

I'd recommend watching the Vegas Finals of Season 7 (last 3 episodes) as well because it was very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

There's a thread for it over in the Reality TV forum... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057603146

Ah, did a search in here and nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stephen Amell and Mena Suvari doing celeb version

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stephen Amell and Mena Suvari doing celeb version

Oooh, when's this happening? I knew Amell had expressed interest in taking part before.

Advertisement