Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo location

• 29-05-2016 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Wierd one

Was at Bruce last night. Obviously in croker but according to my stock ios photos app the photos have a location of etihad Manchester which is where Bruce played Wednesday

I was nowhere near Manchester. Been in Dublin all week :)

Any ideas why this might be? Is apple identifying my photos as Bruce and making assumptions based on the content? Only logical thing I can think of!!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Your phone was probably picking up the road crew's WiFi network.

iOS checks nearby Wifi access points against an online index to narrow down your location. It gives faster results and saves the phone having to use GPS all the time. You may have lost signal and data which prevented it getting a more accurate location, leaving you stuck with the nearest WiFi access point which was last indexed by Apple's servers in Manchester.

Advertisement