Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in North Wexford

Options
  • 29-05-2016 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'm thinking of getting new faster broadband . Can anybody tell me what is the best deal for high speed broadband fast enough to stream matches and films in our region? I'm looking at regional broadband at the minute it is 10mbps unlimited for 40 euros a month,can anybody offer any advice on this product ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

wexilad wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting new faster broadband . Can anybody tell me what is the best deal for high speed broadband fast enough to stream matches and films in our region? I'm looking at regional broadband at the minute it is 10mbps unlimited for 40 euros a month,can anybody offer any advice on this product ? Thanks

Depends on your location.Gorey has fibre.Outside of that then it's a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 wexilad

zerks wrote: »
    Depends on your location.Gorey has fibre.Outside of that then it's a lottery.
    Askamore is my location . Sliabh bhui mountain has a mast for regional broadband so I presume that would mean excellent signal for regional broadband in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

the 4g connection in askamore is faster than mine landline connection in town.

perhaps consider a 4g dongle or what ever its called. a hub of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I have fibre broadband in Riverchapel but it's still a lottery streaming live sport. Demand on the servers leads to buffering and stream breakdown, particularly in top matches. Movies and TV are better but sometimes only available in SD, a lot depends on your equipment too. My speeds are usually around 50mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I get about 2.5mbps on a good day and I have never had problems streaming content (unless we try to stream on more than on device of course).

Anyone hear from Imagine as to when they are due to come up to North Wexford with their LTE network? Seems like my only hope of half decent internet between now and 2020 when the national broadband plan is supposed to roll out, since I don't have line of sight to any masts in my area and approx 4 km from exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement