Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to District Court with noise complaint.

Options
  • 29-05-2016 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

To make a long story short, my parents are at logger heads with their next door neighbours, it is a problem that has been going on for years but has really escalated in the last six months or so. Our neighbours have been having a house party near enough every single weekend, the parents in that house have a holiday home and when they go to it, the two kids both invite their friends over and the trouble starts. Their parties will start at 7pm on a Friday evening and will still be going until about 10am on Sunday. They involve the usual loud music, slamming doors, shouting out the back at all hours and on the street and smoking so much hash that our house stinks for days. They also have a dog that they leave out the back when they have parties, the poor thing barks the whole night away.

We have tried the guards on so many occasions that they know my parents by name. Our neighbours just don't seem to care whatsoever, we have tried asking them to reasonably keep it down so many times, gone in at 4am begging them to turn the music down and nothing. About three years ago one of their parties got out of hand when about 100 people showed up. There was damage done to our property including about 4k damage done to my Mam's car. They promised to stop the parties then but this lasted for about a month.

Recently our family has suffered a lot of bad luck and my parents just can't deal with anymore stress. Whenever our neighbours have parties, my folks will barely get 4 hours sleep for that weekend.

My parents are now considering going to the district court to see what they can do, has anyone been down this route before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Though I would give this post a bump as I see you have not got any help yet,
    Im considering filing a complaint with the district court over a neighbours two dogs who are barking all day every day until the owners arrive home from work, I have called a few times to complain but its still going on now about 6 months.
    The district court is your only answer, google your local councils noise abatement procedures and take it from there.
    Best of luck to you and your parents,regards

Advertisement