Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B2 refusal any point in applying again.

Options
  • 29-05-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was refused a B2 visa last week. My plan was to visit friends for 4-5 months before moving to Canada. I was quite naive on what proof the would need and brought very little.

I was refused on the grounds of not having enough ties to Ireland. Which I can understand in hindsight, I'm unemployed so i'm sure that raised some flags straight away! I have a job offer in writing for september which I may decide to take. would this along with proof of funds and a return flight be enough for them to approve the visa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It is very hard to get a tourist visa for those in visa waiver countries, as you have discovered. They will always wonder why the 3 months on ESTA is not enough.

I do not personally think what you have is enough, with a tourist visa already denied such a short time ago, and with the contradiction of you planning to move to Canada, but presenting evidence of returning to Ireland. Personally, I'd move to Canada, establish yourself there, and then try again. But, all you have to loose is the application fee and the time spend preparing for interview, so if you have the money, no harm trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

silja wrote: »
    It is very hard to get a tourist visa for those in visa waiver countries, as you have discovered. They will always wonder why the 3 months on ESTA is not enough.

I do not personally think what you have is enough, with a tourist visa already denied such a short time ago, and with the contradiction of you planning to move to Canada, but presenting evidence of returning to Ireland. Personally, I'd move to Canada, establish yourself there, and then try again. But, all you have to loose is the application fee and the time spend preparing for interview, so if you have the money, no harm trying.

Cheers for the response! Yeah I feel very foolish as i could have taken the VWP very easily. If I apply for the VWP now i assume it will be rejected, but do i get a chance to go to the embassy to present everything and would it be the same result?

To be honest the reason I was heading is kind of urgent. Would applying again have any effect on my future chances of getting a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Meant to say the Job offer was for a Job based in Dublin. I was going to present it to the embassy and leave canada out of the equation altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You will be rejected for the VWP based on your tourist visa denial for several years now. The VWP is online only, no chance to present evidence.

As long as you do not lie, repeated tourist visa denials will have little effect on future visas. Keep in mind that they will have a record of your previous aplication, and if you mentioned Canada then, but not now, that will only make them more suspicious.

Advertisement