Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drinks, what, when, how much?

• 29-05-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I'm just trying to figure out what drinks to serve and when. We are having our humanist ceremony at 2pm.. the venue suggested a prosecco reception and 2 glasses of wine with the dinner. However i was told that everyone takes the prosecco but most of it gets spilled down the sink..a few of us won't be drinking at all. i was thinking we could offer a craft beer or wine or cordial or tea/coffee after the ceremony and buy everyone a drink of their choice with the meal?
    What did you do? any suggestions? thanks

Comments

I'm getting the drink for my own wedding. The most important thing is tell your venue to only open bottles as and when needed.

A good guide is -
    6 glasses per bottle of prosecco and allow 2 glasses per person.
    Half bottle of wine per person. White/Red ratio between 70/30 & 60/40.
    Champagne toast 8 glasses per bottle.

You will either have enough or too much (bring it home) if you count all your guests in. If you know of non drinkers reduce numbers accordingly.

Buying a round for everyone can work out way more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Thanks for the advice. I should have said it will be a small ceremony, 60 adults about. also we have to buy the alcohol from the venue so no bringing our own wine. yes i have a fair idea who does not drink but also i know a few don't drink wine.

I'd stick to the wine with the meal. You would knock back a vodka and coke in no time whereas 2 glasses of wine would get you through a few courses.

With buying everything from venue, perhaps it would be better for you to get a round to have for the toasts.

Check their craft beer prices again cost of sparking wines and tell them how many you want rather than they tell you how many they used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

ok so really i should sit down with my guest list and guesstimate what to buy.. i've been pretty careful budget wise so don't want to go overboard either. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

were having wine with the meal and after our ceremony were having half bottles of beer and half wine spritzer most of our family arnt big drinkers and I dont like processo myself oh and we have a few non drinkers to the venue is going to organise a nice lemonade for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

We split our drinks reception between sparkling wine and bottles of beer - many people went with the beer. It's nice to have the option.

Advertisement