Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester hotel recommendations?

Options
  • 29-05-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Thinking of going to Manchester for a couple of days with herself in early November. Never been so any hotel recommendations/places to avoid would be much appreciated! Actually any general tips/info on the city,places to go,to eat etc! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It's pricey but DoubleTree by Hilton in the city centre is fantastic.

I'd avoid staying by the airport and getting transport in. You'll end up paying the difference and more between the hotels.

Get your hotel booked ASAP before fixtures for Premier League games are announced. They result in most hotels being booked up very quickly.

Bella Italia is a nice restaurant. Not too bad price-wise. Gave us a free shot of Limoncello once because we were delayed when paying our bill by a group of 15 who all paid separately by card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You really need to say how much you're willing to pay.

The MacDonald is nice, short stroll from Piccadilly
    http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/our-hotels/north-england/manchester/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=macdonalds%2Bhotels%2Bmanchester&utm_campaign=Macdonald%2BHotels%2BPlus%2BLocation%2BNE_Macdonald%2BHotels%2BManchester

The Malmaison might appeal to your other half - only been in there for Breakfast (when over on an early Sunday flight for a match).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

I enjoyed the Premier Inn in city centre.

Enjoyed their signage ' this is a quiet zone' everywhere - so very little noise.

And their 3 x Choices of Pillows.

Must say...best night sleep I ever got!. That Lenny Henry is not lying about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You really need to say how much you're willing to pay.

The MacDonald is nice, short stroll from Piccadilly
    http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/our-hotels/north-england/manchester/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=macdonalds%2Bhotels%2Bmanchester&utm_campaign=Macdonald%2BHotels%2BPlus%2BLocation%2BNE_Macdonald%2BHotels%2BManchester

The Malmaison might appeal to your other half - only been in there for Breakfast (when over on an early Sunday flight for a match).

+1 for the McDonald. probably the best hotel that I have stayed in over the multiple times I have been to Manchester.

A couple of others that I couldnt fault would be the Mercure Picadilly which does very nice food and has a nice bar and the Premier Inn By Picadilly also... If you budget is a little more adventerous check out the Lowry and the previously mentioned Malmaison..

Some nice restaurants down by the Deansgate although a few chain ones too... Otherwise the Northern Quarter is where it is happening these days and worth an explore...

Also please take the above advise re: getting this booked before the PL fixtures come out as this will have a major bearing on flights and hotel prices in a big way. Could end up paying double or more over the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Masala wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Premier Inn in city centre.

Enjoyed their signage ' this is a quiet zone' everywhere - so very little noise.

And their 3 x Choices of Pillows.

Must say...best night sleep I ever got!. That Lenny Henry is not lying about that!

+1. Premier Inn hotels really are brilliant.

Good value generally too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement