Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to oz

Options
  • 29-05-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

m just finished a level 8 degree in social care and am looking to move to Australia. i did my last placement in the homeless sector and would like to do something similar in Sydney. so far, ive come across jobs on ethical jobs and salvation army. i was just wondering if anyone else has made the move from ireland to sydney and if they secured a job before they went over. im pretty clueless at the moment so any info is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

If you're 30 or under apply for the working holiday visa. You'll be granted this very fast. It allows you free entry to Australia for 12 months, and can work for any employer for up to 6 months.

While you're in Australia you can go about arranging more permanent work then and sorting visas through sponsorship etc.

You could try have it all sorted before you leave, but it's always easier get work if you're able to walk in someplace for an interview and meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aismorr

thank you for the info

Advertisement