Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about Geography

Options
  • 29-05-2016 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I was apparently an A grade Geography student (or so she said from class tests, 28/30 etc) got my mock back, terrible all round, highest grade given was a C2, certain questions not corrected, I got a D3.

I went into Yeats for a revision course and it was a slap across the face, completely different to what we were doing in class..

Now I've got the entire LC geography course in Yeats notes and likelihood of questions (very good and usually correct guesses) or I've got my Geography class in school, certain electives not covered in Yeats but we do them in class.
    Only starting Human interaction with a biome.

I decided to look at the Yeats notes for it and they're a world apart!
    Class handout (not yet gone over)
    - early settlement, early farmers
    -modern times (1500 upwards) rainforest, mining/construction, biodiversity, soil erosion, acid rain etc..
    A photocopied handout.

In our Yeats notes-
    How humans accelerate soil erosion, climate change, human activities, over cropping, population growth+ deforestation, soil conservation, contour plowing, windbreaks..

I'm tempted to feck the class and just go with the Yeats notes.
    I answered the wrong section in the mock (population I think) yet I did better in that than the others did in the correct one they learned off..

What do you think? Revision course vs class?
    Good teacher vs poor teacher?

Advertisement