Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wouldn't be a tournament unless the English were fighting.

But sure it's someone else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Germany
    any hot women thread?

Camera's picked up a few during that game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NIMAN wrote: »

As if the police haven't enough to deal with, funny sky spent ages questioning the security in France they never brought up drunken morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Belgium
    any hot women thread?

Someone needs to set this up! Best part of euros/wc

Germany
    Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Someone needs to set this up! Best part of euros/wc

CknS6FOWsAAR3go.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Germany
    ERG89 wrote: »
    As if the police haven't enough to deal with, funny sky spent ages questioning the security in France they never brought up drunken morons.

Now..now according to Sky, "The Best League in the World" (TM) has no hooligan element that goes to games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That Apres Match stuff is really past its sell by date IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

NIMAN wrote: »

More trouble tonight it would seem according to reports on talksport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

namloc1980 wrote: »

Who's throwing the flares at them?

I'm not sure that answers my question but ok. Prior to this scene, Russian Ultras charged on English fans.

Debil wrote: »
    I'm not sure that answers my question but ok. Prior to this scene, Russian Ultras charged on English fans.

Poor England fans. Always someone elses fault innit. Nuffin to do with us govner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

who was the bright spark who decided to send them to Marseilles...did they not remember what happened in 98?? there was always old scores to settle

philstar wrote: »
    who was the bright spark who decided to send them to Marseilles...did they not remember what happened in 98?? there was always old scores to settle

Yes it's someone else's fault.

Poor England fans. Always someone elses fault innit. Nuffin to do with us govner.

I never laid blame on anyone, and I'm not condoning any violence.
    I'm just providing a little extra context for the videos you are posting. Do you know who was throwing flares at the English fans in the first video you posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Its awfully unfortunate how often English fans seem to get caught up in trouble through no fault of their own..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Germany
    Ken Earley tweeting from the scene and saying the English fans in the pub he was watching it in were attacked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

England fans started cheering on the Romanians when they scored and were singing anti Ira and Germany WW songs. They really have such a classless set of fans.
    They have such a high level of uneducated thug followers, instead of going to Majorca they took a trip to France instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

England
    Moussa Sissoko: "Camera's on me? ****, better show some effort".

https://twitter.com/ThePuntersPage/status/741552118268583936

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They have such a high level of uneducated thug followers, instead of going to Majorca they took a trip to France instead

While i agree with the overall sentiment of your post..A lot of those scumbag thugs causing trouble will be well educated, have good jobs in the likes of banking etc... but will have a certain mindset that is still ingrained in a very small percentage of English people.. that whole right wing let's fight them on the beaches or the pub or anywhere.. we are the best.. up the empire .. rule Britainnia b*llocks etc.. little Englander mindset basically....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Strumms wrote: »
    While i agree with the overall sentiment of your post..A lot of those scumbag thugs causing trouble will be well educated, have good jobs in the likes of banking etc... but will have a certain mindset that is still ingrained in a very small percentage of English people.. that whole right wing let's fight them on the beaches or the pub or anywhere.. we are the best.. up the empire .. rule Britainnia b*llocks etc.. little Englander mindset basically....

You'd have to be a pretty f*cking stupid banker considering how easily it is to identify people now. The French are just as bad. Marseille is a kip full of scum and ghettos.

At least the Russians actually look intimidating..

You'd have to be a pretty f*cking stupid banker considering how easily it is to identify people now. The French are just as bad. Marseille is a kip full of scum and ghettos.

At least the Russians actually look intimidating..

You can be educated and have all the master degrees in the world... that does not insulate you from stupidity.

The French are not as bad. That is a stupid statement. Believe me I have lived there and also attended many of their games when I did.

Marseille is full of scum ? Really ? It's not my favourite city in France but such generalisations are idiotic quite frankly.

Russia get extra marks for looking intimidating ? Err right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

You can be educated and have all the master degrees in the world... that does not insulate you from stupidity.

The French are not as bad. That is a stupid statement. Believe me I have lived there and also attended many of their games when I did.

Marseille is full of scum ? Really ? It's not my favourite city in France but such generalisations are idiotic quite frankly.

Russia get extra marks for looking intimidating ? Err right.

I too have lived in France and begrudgingly worked in Marseille. It is extremely rough, surrounded by poverty and ghettos, street prostitution and drug murders not too unlike our own.

Are you trying to dispute that a lot of this trouble was started by French people?

You sound very pro-French and anti-English to be honest.

I'd live in pretty any city in the UK over Marseille.

Condescending pr*ck. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just realised you are the one who claimed many were bankers. Yeah of course they are. Your "analysis" of the British mindset is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 The Dragon Reborn

How Moussa Sissoko in the squad is crazy, could think of another 10 midfielders in France more worthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And you can see why the Leave campaign is 10 points clear.

They really are so insular it's untrue.

I too have lived in France and begrudgingly worked in Marseille. It is extremely rough, surrounded by poverty and ghettos, street prostitution and drug murders not too unlike our own.

Are you trying to dispute that a lot of this trouble was started by French people?

You sound very pro-French and anti-English to be honest.

I'd live in pretty any city in the UK over Marseille.

Condescending pr*ck. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just realised you are the one who claimed many were bankers. Yeah of course they are. Your "analysis" of the British mindset is laughable.

Poverty and ghettos are not unique to Marseille or France. You said it was and I quote 'full of scum'. I called you out on this generalization. It isn't, quite simply. I met some very nice people there and was treated well.

A lot of the trouble was started by the French ? I have no doubt that a proportion may well have been and I would condemn those individuals as much as anyone else causing trouble. Also when someone 'starts something its how you react sometimes also that reflects on how you will be judged... Do I think England fans started a lot of it.. yes I do also.

I am pro French. I am also Pro English, with many English friends and it is the country I spend most time in outside of Ireland with reasonable success both personally / socially and professionally. Not achievable if I was anti English as you claim.

My analysis of the British mindset ? I didn't analyse the British mindset I commented on a small minority ie. the ones who were causing trouble. History tells us and the internet will too if you let it, that many of these thugs are connected to far right wing groups like combat 18 who hold the views I expressed.. check out Jason Marriner's facebook page for a start :rolleyes: and do a bit of reading up.

As for the personal insult... I think you need to take up yoga and learn to calm down a bit. It will help you no end and you will be a more calm and a more rational person when it comes to these types of discussions... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Advertisement

England
    The goalkeeping thus far has been terrible. 3 games in and 3 very costly goalkeeping errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

The police in marseille will be getting some over time anyways, can only imagine itnwill get uglier the closer the game gets.

Lol. Sky news seem to be ignoring the violence. Just pressed and they covering something about the royals despite the fact thousands of their fans are running wild and causing trouble in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Belgium
    klose wrote: »
    The police in marseille will be getting some over time anyways, can only imagine itnwill get uglier the closer the game gets.

And during the game, outside the stadium and maybe inside, and after the game. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That is disgusting.

Belgium
    Superhorse wrote: »
    Lol. Sky news seem to be ignoring the violence. Just pressed and they covering something about the royals despite the fact thousands of their fans are running wild and causing trouble in France.

About as much coverage as Russia Today are giving it. Or less even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't wait for the Russia world cup..... Said nobody ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Belgium
    I can't wait for the Russia world cup.

• Advertisement

****ing hell... Feel really sorry for anyone be it England, Russia, whoever that is a genuine fan and spend their hard earned money going to Marseille and looking forward to the football, sunshine and a few beers down the port. Ruined by a few mindless thugs...I wonder do the police have too many resources targeting possible terrorists at the expense of public order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

So this seems to be almost entirely Russian fans from what I'm reading? Hardly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Send in New Jack!
    No matter how low the hooligans sink he'll go lower

Belgium
    So this seems to be almost entirely Russian fans from what I'm reading? Hardly surprising.

I'd say it's six of one half dozen of the other. Takes two to tango etc etc.

There's Russian hooligans, who have no such thing as banning orders have gone looking for England's hooligans who aren't hard to find and the police just haven't been able to cope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Superhorse wrote: »

Thousands? Are you the guy that does the official attendance figures for the FAI?

Germany
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I can't wait for the Russia world cup..... Said nobody ever.

Be too hot then in Qatar to do anything

Throwing water balloons at each other

England
    All 4 games so far have been brilliant. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Switzerland
    Paully D wrote: »
    All 4 games so far have been brilliant. :)

No 0-0 games yet. Wonder will that be our contribution to the tournament. :pac:

Germany
    No 0-0 games yet. Wonder will that be our contribution to the tournament. :pac:

Scoring from set pieces will be our contribution :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I'd say it's six of one half dozen of the other. Takes two to tango etc etc.

There's Russian hooligans, who have no such thing as banning orders have gone looking for England's hooligans who aren't hard to find and the police just haven't been able to cope.

Seems like France have very poor approaches to maintaining public order though. Wait till it boils over, fire some tear gas and then the gangs disperse into smaller gangs where more fighting takes place. And the Russians seem to be more organised so they're coming off better in these smaller conflicts. I think proportionately anyway there's a lot more Russian fans. They should have expected a lot of trouble and are completely unprepared. Although yes definitely not only a few English fans, they have their share of scum too.

Advertisement