Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SeaPoint OW swimming

Options
  • 29-05-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Anyone up for a swim in SeaPoint ether tomorrow or next week at around 6:30pm?

I´d like to start doing OW swims this year. I have no mates to swim with, and I would not like to swim on my own.

I will be doing between 1.5km - 2 kms, easy pace..

I guess, there will be people over there, so I was thinking of asking them if I could join them. would it be normal thing to ask??

Cheers,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Unfortunately can't join you (+being in water for 2 km ATM is way too cold for me :P ), but I saw guys asking to swim along there and some other places, don't see where the problem would be (if there is anybody to ask though) :)

TIP: when I'm swimming solo I tend to just go to a beach, Killiney or so, and swim along the beach, not going in deep/too deep waters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Bart,

If your thinking of doing Seapoint tonight bear in mind high tide at 9:35, so only good enough water an hour either side of this for a nice swim. A few of us are heading out to Forty Foot this evening from 6pm your more than welcome to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bart86

Thanks Mad, got stuck at work tonight, otherwise I would have joined you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Bart86 wrote: »
    Thanks Mad, got stuck at work tonight, otherwise I would have joined you guys!

There is an OW sea race on at seapoint tomorrow at 12pm (Men), Women 1pm...Come out and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bart86

mad m wrote: »
    There is an OW sea race on at seapoint tomorrow at 12pm (Men), Women 1pm...Come out and have a look.

I am heading to Athy. First triathlon of the session :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement