Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Soul Festival cancelled

Options
  • 29-05-2016 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Can the government give Dublin residents a break? High taxes, high rents, high homeless rates, lots of rubbish on the streets, lots of noise, pollution and quality of life decreasing drastically and the only good thing that happens in the spring gets cancelled because of more taxes? http://www.dublincitysoulfestival.ie/

If anything the Council should sponsor this event but I guess that priorities are all messed up, otherwise why would they spend 370€M on a LUAS connection that is a 10 minute walk??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

And so many tickets sold...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

outlooks wrote: »
    Can the government give Dublin residents a break? High taxes, high rents, high homeless rates, lots of rubbish on the streets, lots of noise, pollution and quality of life decreasing drastically and the only good thing that happens in the spring gets cancelled because of more taxes? http://www.dublincitysoulfestival.ie/

If anything the Council should sponsor this event but I guess that priorities are all messed up, otherwise why would they spend 370€M on a LUAS connection that is a 10 minute walk??

I was agreeing with you up until the bit in bold. The Luas should have been connected in the first place and the development is an awful lot more than replacing a 10 minute walk. And also, a 10 minute walk to you is a lot different for many other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

dixiefly wrote: »
    I was agreeing with you up until the bit in bold. The Luas should have been connected in the first place and the development is an awful lot more than replacing a 10 minute walk. And also, a 10 minute walk to you is a lot different for many other people.

Exactly. Improving our transport infrastructure is far more important than having an annual soul festival. And also agree the two lines should always have been linked up from the start, could never understand that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭outlooks

dixiefly wrote: »

You are correct. I just got upset with having the festival cancelled and the issue is always money.

Advertisement