Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NY Half Marathon

Options
  • 29-05-2016 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'd love to surprise my wife and book us both in for the New York half marathon for 2017 (March) but from what I can tell its not like a just sign up and your in kinda thing....is it lottery or is there anyway that might give me an edge in getting a place? Has anyone done it here and what did you think of it? The videos of it look great :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Hi all, I'd love to surprise my wife and book us both in for the New York half marathon for 2017 (March) but from what I can tell its not like a just sign up and your in kinda thing....is it lottery or is there anyway that might give me an edge in getting a place? Has anyone done it here and what did you think of it? The videos of it look great :-)

It's like the full marathon, There is a lottery, but there is also a guaranteed GFA entry which gets relatively easier the older you are. I think there are guaranteed entries via (expensive) travel packages.

It's a great race ( and a PB course if run correctly). Running through Time Square is amazing,

This a link for this years entry :

http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2016/united-airlines-nyc-half/guaranteed-and-non-guaranteed-entry

Advertisement