Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar/Restaurant with Outdoor seating

Options
  • 29-05-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Any recommendations for a nice bar/restaurant (not really looking for beer gardens) in the city centre to have lunch and watch the world go by. Have relations coming over from the states so we want to impress them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've found tourists tend to like the bars that used to be something else. The Schoolhouse, The Bank and the Church tick those boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Carluccios on Dawson might be a nice spot but I've never eaten there.
    Unfortunately there really are very few good places with outdoor seating in our city.
    There are some rooftop terrace places though.
    I think Fade St scoialt, The Dean and The Marker all have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Bailey off Grafton St. Nice menu (not foodie, just nice) and drinks. Hard to get an outside table tho. If you can, try get a table in by the wall, otherwise you will be plagued with beggars passing by and you don't want your visitors to see that!

Pygmalion by the Powerscort centre.

There are some Italian restaurants on Chatham street.

I'll be interested if more ideas come up. Always on the look out for an outside pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

The Market Bar always has a great atmosphere and has an outdoor feel to it. If you like bar food Sam's Bar on Dawson Street has some outdoor seating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

1900 Restaurant at the top of Harcourt St has a nice outdoor area and a pretty extensive lunch menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Chophouse in Ballsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

The boat docked in the Liffey (Cill Airne? Sorry I'm sure that's not the right spelling.
    Nice for an outdoor drink, had dinner there before and it was tasty.

Marker hotel has a rooftop terrace which is supposed to be great, but closes at odd times. I was in the Marker once for brunch, lovely setting, but very loud music, rubbish food and service, wouldn't recommend.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Fire, the church

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Suesey street! Wonderful outdoor space. Both bar and restaurant and more affordable than you might think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Not quite city centre, but Milano's on Baggot St. Bridge has a deck section out the back, right by the canal. On a sunny day it's glorious and their pizza isn't bad either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭aon1998

Thanks for all the replies, we ended up going to fade street social and eating inside because unfortunately the good weather didn't last.

Advertisement