Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refunded after scam abroad

Options
  • 30-05-2016 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I went away over the weekend ( outside Ireland). When I landed into Dublin, I took 40 euro for the taxi and my online balance was fine. This morning I have checked again (I check my account every morning) I have noticed nearly 2000 euro are missing from my account. My card has been probably cloned over the weekend. I rang the bank straightawat, they cancel my card, they will send me another one and they escalated my issue to the fraud department. Will I get my moey back? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning evilbaby, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

As each fraud case is different we couldn't say exactly what will happen, our fraud team always endevour to return funds to those affected by fraud. They will be in touch directly to discuss directly

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, if you need to discuss further you can call them on 0818365365. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 23 evilbaby77

Good Morning evilbaby, 

As each fraud case is different we couldn't say exactly what will happen, our fraud team always endevour to return funds to those affected by fraud. They will be in touch directly to discuss directly

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, if you need to discuss further you can call them on 0818365365. 

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Thank you for your reply. I rang the number you gave me but I forgot to ask how long will take the investigation and to ask if, when the investigation is completed, I will be told how my card has been cloned. I thought I was always very careful but clearly it wasn't enough.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

evilbaby77 wrote: »
    Good Morning evilbaby, 

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Thank you for your reply. I rang the number you gave me but I forgot to ask how long will take the investigation and to ask if, when the investigation is completed, I will be told how my card has been cloned. I thought I was always very careful but clearly it wasn't enough.
    Thanks
    Hi, 

Thanks for getting in touch and let us know if there is anything we can assist you with. 

Evie 

Advertisement