Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 bikes from Halfords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Looks like a nice set up and a possible further 10% off with axa card.

A lot of people aren't to keen on the placement of the brake calipers mind.

Looks to be getting good reviews.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-13-bikes-intuition-gamma-15-49000/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That looks a decent amount of bike for the money. Carbon frame, Ultegra 22 speed and deeper section wheels for 1559 euro.
    My Rose has the rear brake mounted the same as that and I've had no issues with it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Sweet looking bike. Sorry I've nothing more substantial to add :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Cheers I've ordered it now anyway
    Will have a look at it in the shop before buying.

It does look really nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Cheers I've ordered it now anyway
    Will have a look at it in the shop before buying.

It does look really nice

A racing chainset with a 25 biggest cog on rear, and deep section wheels might be an ideal bike for you but that would depend on a few things..

While a carbon frame with ultregra is nice, you don't need it. If you want to enjoy riding you need
    *comfortable ride
    * reliable components

Are you going to ride through the winter? What's your flexibility like? Do you want a race or more relaxed geometry?

There is no value in the wrong bike for you. A properly fitting, appropriately geared with reliable wheels with tiagra might be better value for you...

Find a good LBS where staff will take time to fit you properly. Walk until you get that.

Ask about tyre clearance/mudguards/wheel reliability.

Do pick a bike you like the look of though

ford2600 wrote:
    While a carbon frame with ultregra is nice, you don't need it. If you want to enjoy riding you need *comfortable ride * reliable components

Thanks for the post
    I've already got a giant defy 3 with a sora groupset
    This bike would be to upgrade from that.

While there's nothing wrong with my current bike I've joined a club recently and feel that the bike is holding me back at this stage
    ford2600 wrote:
    Are you going to ride through the winter? What's your flexibility like? Do you want a race or more relaxed geometry?

I plan on using my defy 3 during the winter

Picked up the bike yesterday evening.

Lovely bike went out for a quick spin to see if all was ok.

One thing I will say is that I knew Halford lads were useless but I didn't think they was that bad.
    The rear wheel was rubbing off the brakes, the pressure in the tyres was 30psi and they didn't even ask to adjust the saddle height.

Huge difference compared to a Lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Picked up the bike yesterday evening.

Lovely bike went out for a quick spin to see if all was ok.

One thing I will say is that I knew Halford lads were useless but I didn't think they was that bad.
    The rear wheel was rubbing off the brakes, the pressure in the tyres was 30psi and they didn't even ask to adjust the saddle height.

Huge difference compared to a Lbs

Huge difference compared to a semi-trained orangutan...

Best of luck with the new machine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

ford2600 wrote: »
    A racing chainset with a 25 biggest cog on rear, and deep section wheels might be an ideal bike for you but that would depend on a few things..

While a carbon frame with ultregra is nice, you don't need it. If you want to enjoy riding you need
    *comfortable ride
    * reliable components

There is no value in the wrong bike for you. A properly fitting, appropriately geared with reliable wheels with tiagra might be better value for you...

Find a good LBS where staff will take time to fit you properly. Walk until you get that.

Ask about tyre clearance/mudguards/wheel reliability.

Do pick a bike you like the look of though

I understand where this is coming from. But the whole comfort thing is a bit of a mystery to me. My bike was used in the pro peloton for a few years, Movistar used it the year Cobo won the Vuelta, and it's comfortable as any bike out there. It's comfortable because I dialled in my bike fit to suit me. That's far more important than frame geometry.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 harry74

Hi,I'm looking at getting the same bike,how has it being going for you,any advice or info would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks buddy!!

harry74 wrote: »
    Hi,I'm looking at getting the same bike,how has it being going for you,any advice or info would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks buddy!!

Bike is going great had one slight issue in the gears needed a slight adjustment which they sorted for me

Other than that no issues.

I'm very happy with it so far anyway.
    Have done about 200km or there abouts on it

My suggestion would be to check everything before you leave the shop.

Make sure the wheels are spinning freely also test the brakes a few times and they check the wheels again
    All gears are changing smoothly
    Air pressure in tyres

Anything else you want to know let me know and I'll do my best to answer it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Any more feedback on this bike? I saw one in Kilkenny earlier which is apparently the last Beta in stock in the country reduced to (from € 1,679.99 originally to € 1,319.99 and now another 20% off) € 1,055 and I reserved it as a potential cycle to work purchase on the spur of the moment! :) LOVE the look of it but not sure on all reviews.... Seems like a whole lot of bike for the price:
    Halfords Link
    Good enough review
    Not great review
    13Bikes%20Intuition%20Beta.jpg
    Guy in the shop said he thinks the reduction might be because these are gonna be branded as Wiggins bikes?

Advertisement