Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2016 - Mod Warning in OP

12346»

Comments

BMMachine wrote: »
    here I'll start a thread about how a large portion of Irish Man Utd fans are glory hunters or maybe one about Liverpool fans being over-romantic zealots and hey, if people don't like that they just shouldn't go into that thread. Thats the rules we are playing by is it?

?

That would be a thread specifically designed to troll.

The two we are talking about are not.

How come you just don't click into them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Drinking while posting does not help either, i often remember waking up the following morning thinking i posted some awful ****e the night before.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok I think the humour thread issue has dominated this thread enough at this point, BMMachine you've said your piece several times now so kindly refrain from posting on that topic again. You're just repeating yourself at this stage.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Drinking while posting does not help either, i often remember waking up the following morning thinking i posted some awful ****e the night before.

It can also be quality read. Remember mada999 (think that's his name) was posting some funny stuff the time yuz beat Dortmund in the semi finals. He must have been full as a bear and happy out after the win. Twas all in good jest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

here I'll start a thread about how a large portion of Irish Man Utd fans are glory hunters or maybe one about Liverpool fans being over-romantic zealots and hey, if people don't like that they just shouldn't go into that thread. Thats the rules we are playing by is it?
    That would be a fairly good rule of thumb, tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Everyone put everyone on ignore. I think that would be for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

niallo27 wrote: »
    I dont mind a bit of a wind up, it makes winning all the sweeter. Your man Rayne passing comments on Couthino against Utd until he scored and then the same against Dortmund. It was classic. I dont want to pick out Rayne as a troll or anything, he seems like a nice guy but it was funny.

Yeah but problem is this back and forth between United and Liverpool supporters ruins threads for the rest of us.

To the point where I'd be almost in favour of giving you lads a 'United vs Liverpool banter thread' where you can go wild on each other without ruining actual football conversations. Mods is it an option?

• CSF wrote: »
    Yeah but problem is this back and forth between United and Liverpool supporters ruins threads for the rest of us.

To the point where I'd be almost in favour of giving you lads a 'United vs Liverpool banter thread' where you can go wild on each other without ruining actual football conversations. Mods is it an option?
    If that happened the Mods be like..
    c4jt321.png?fb

CSF wrote: »

It annoys most of the Liverpool fans as well and I imagine the same with United fans.

It's generally the same WUMs each time so I just head off to another site to follow the news.

It annoys most of the Liverpool fans as well and I imagine the same with United fans.

It's generally the same WUMs each time so I just head off to another site to follow the news.

Yeah I can imagine it would. For me it's the big one that needs to come out of this that it gets clamped down on. I've said it a few times now actually so you all almost definitely know this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pushing the use of the "General Premier League Matchday Thread" for the 3pm Saturday kick-offs and other games at different times that wouldn't warrant enough interest in a match thread is a good idea IMO.

It worked quite well last season and was an excellent idea by SantryRed but it could definitely get more use.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

thats a great idea.

Liverpool vs. United "banter" thread. have it all go into the one place.
    its labelled, we all know what it is and sure, if we don't like it we can all follow that advice of not going on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I need to see this United-Liverpool "banter" thread come to fruition just to see how awful it would be.

I need to see this United-Liverpool "banter" thread come to fruition just to see how awful it would be.

It would be the worst thing in the world. But you'd know to avoid it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CSF wrote: »

A thread like that would essentially be full of posts like "Your team and club are full of c***s". I can't imagine it would achieve much. There may threaten to actually be some decent craic in there, but then it would descend to the depths and the normal 95% of posters wouldn't darken its door very often. Aside from the fact of doing it generally in meme form, the humour thread serves this purpose mostly as it is 80% about Liverpool and Utd.

5starpool wrote: »
    A thread like that would essentially be full of posts like "Your team and club are full of c***s". I can't imagine it would achieve much. There may threaten to actually be some decent craic in there, but then it would descend to the depths and the normal 95% of posters wouldn't darken its door very often. Aside from the fact of doing it generally in meme form, the humour thread serves this purpose mostly as it is 80% about Liverpool and Utd.

so why not change the humour thread to have no utd-pool stuff and have a seperate thread for it all? easier, less trolly browsing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

so why not change the humour thread to have no utd-pool stuff and have a seperate thread for it all? easier, less trolly browsing

Because then the Humour thread would end up having 1 post every 6 months and fall off the radar while the other thread becomes.. yep you guessed it.. the humour thread

astradave wrote: »
    Because then the Humour thread would end up having 1 post every 6 months and fall off the radar while the other thread becomes.. yep you guessed it.. the humour thread

nope. It wouldn't at all. plenty of funny stuff happens aside from Liverpool and United things, Pepe for example :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Still on the humour thread? FFS.

• Advertisement

Still on the humour thread? FFS.

great input. what exactly are you trying to achieve by saying that? I wonder. I'm still wrong though, aren't I :)

aside from letting trolls get away with trolling and this general refusal to allow people to stand up to them (wasn't the term WUP or Wind up Merchant used earlier? same thing) there isn't really anything wrong with the forum. Again, with the trolling thing its down to individuals. Everyone knows who they are and there seems to be this accepted thing of "oh its that poster, hes going to be trolly so its okay" rather than take things on as they stand. Thats what I don't really understand, the distortion of rules based on who the poster is. From where Im standing, there seems to be a bit of a boys club as to how this forum works which isn't really a good thing. I could be wrong, but when you see some of the decisions and whats allowed and where you have to wonder

great input. what exactly are you trying to achieve by saying that? I wonder. I'm still wrong though, aren't I :)

aside from letting trolls get away with trolling and this general refusal to allow people to stand up to them (wasn't the term WUP or Wind up Merchant used earlier? same thing) there isn't really anything wrong with the forum. Again, with the trolling thing its down to individuals. Everyone knows who they are and there seems to be this accepted thing of "oh its that poster, hes going to be trolly so its okay" rather than take things on as they stand. Thats what I don't really understand, the distortion of rules based on who the poster is. From where Im standing, there seems to be a bit of a boys club as to how this forum works which isn't really a good thing. I could be wrong, but when you see some of the decisions and whats allowed and where you have to wonder

Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about the Mod warning earlier..

What am trying to achieve? Getting you to shut up about the humour thread. Simple.
    I thought it was done and then you just start again. 2nd year running you've managed to focus the thread on you and your own personal bugbear.

astradave wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about the Mod warning earlier..

yeah I wonder why. and someone else brought the humour thread up as regards creating a man utd - pool banter thread. then you brought it up and I answered. then ol' fred there, with a view to getting me to get a card or something starts up again. its entirely see through so stop wasting mine and others time in trying to bait something out.

hey look, its the exact behaviour that riddles the forum and almost every utd/pool match thread here on display

yeah I wonder why. and someone else brought the humour thread up as regards creating a man utd - pool banter thread. then you brought it up and I answered. then ol' fred there, with a view to getting me to get a card or something starts up again. its entirely see through so stop wasting mine and others time in trying to bait something out.

hey look, its the exact behaviour that riddles the forum and almost every utd/pool match thread here on display

To be fair the only behavior that has been questionable in this thread has been yours.

What are you talking about? I didn't even quote you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Drop the paranoia man seriously there's I support arsenal and don't see anything troll worthy on the page go into it now and there's a post about Arsenals lack of trophys...its funny so is the rest of it I don't see any United-Liverpool stuff in there

You keep mentioning certain people doing this that and the other thing maybe pm them and air you're grievances there instead of taking over this thread because I don't want any one to get banned here but you're coming off in all the wrong ways here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, let's put an end to this.

Unless there's anything or anyone new to contribute to the discussion, can we put a pin in the issue and move on a bit? I don't want this to come across as trying to stifle discussion or feedback on the issue, but at this stage, I worry it's derailed the feedback thread, so am taking some action to get us back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Don't know about anybody else but I'm finding this thread way funnier than The Humour Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't know about anybody else but I'm finding this thread way funnier than The Humour Thread.

Errr....there timing of this post could not have been better...!

As ye can see mods, we've SFA to be giving out about which means yer doing a splendid job, make hay I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Panthro wrote: »
    Errr....there timing of this post could not have been better...!

As ye can see mods, we've SFA to be giving out about which means yer doing a splendid job, make hay I say!

I hadn't seen the warning when I posted :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can I request a sticky for next season that can be updated each week with the live tv fixtures for the upcoming week

An Alan Pardew sub forum, where we could discuss how great he is, the type of statue they should create for him, OBE or MBE etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Can I request a sticky for next season that can be updated each week with the live tv fixtures for the upcoming week

Great idea - as an aside, your continued work in the Europa League and Champions League threads is massively appreciated. A great one stop shop for how those competitions are shaping up at any one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, sounds like a good idea.

I'd also, to avoid chat, probably lock the thread and just update it each week, would mean no chat and you'd see just the fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'd also, to avoid chat, probably lock the thread and just update it each week, would mean no chat and you'd see just the fixtures.

Just a note to the mods, http://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html is not a streaming site,it basically tells you what channels around the world are showing games.I got a warning before for posting a link to it.

The general matchday threads are handy for less supported teams,take a look at the Fantasy Football Forum matchday threads as an example.Games are discussed by supporters of other teams,one second you could be discussing a goal in Sunderland v Stoke then a penalty in WBA v Palace,the flow of the thread goes with what is happening in all live games and there is no club bias and anyone who brings it into the thread is quickly told to cop on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,677 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That would require the mods to commit to update it every week;)

One thing to bear in mind about stickies generally - the new ("responsive") site does not appear entirely conducive to them as they are hidden behind a "Charter and Important threads" banner. Only one more click to get there, but I suspect many may not even realise there is a new sticky until someone points it out to them.

Having said that there must be questionmarks over the new site and in particular the way it deals with stickies, but that's not one for this thread.

Beasty wrote: »
    That would require the mods to commit to update it every week;)

One thing to bear in mind about stickies generally - the new ("responsive") site does not appear entirely conducive to them as they are hidden behind a "Charter and Important threads" banner. Only one more click to get there, but I suspect many may not even realise there is a new sticky until someone points it out to them.

Having said that there must be questionmarks over the new site and in particular the way it deals with stickies, but that's not one for this thread.

I'll just Mod citytillidie and he can take care of it. :o

Best idea in the thread so far!

All the power and non of the work

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,677 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

All the power and non of the work
    You talking about Gav?

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    You talking about Gav?

No Comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You know I think the mods are doing a great job. Iv so much time for the likes of Lord TSC and SlickRic, Gav etc etc. Just great mods and valuable posters.

What I like about the SF the trolls will finally get caught. It may not be today or tomorrow but they will get caught and I can then read the dispute thread and laugh my hole off and think everything is right with the world

So, is anything going to happen here or will we just wrap it up as usual?

So, is anything going to happen here or will we just wrap it up as usual?
    Seems like a good a time as any to start the Feedback Thread for 2016.

I'll let this run until next week and lock it and try pick up and discuss the major issues with the Mods and Sports Cmods before the stat of the Euros.

I'll lock this.

Thanks for all the inputs and opinions, we'll discuss this among the Soccer Mods and other Sports CMods.

Also be aware that the forum is due to be opened up for the Euros shortly which is the first main change from this feedback thread but that is only the case for the duration of the tournament.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement