Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charging Point Question

• 30-05-2016 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

I see theres charging points at our Train Station. I was wondering how secure is it when charging. Can someone interfere with it? The charging process I mean.
    Not security in general.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

It locks to the car and to the chargepoint until the same card used to start the process is presented. Someone 'could' swing out of it, trip over it, smash a window but those kind of risks are inherent with any public parking so not appicable to the charging process.
    Another EV user knowing how things work 'could' in theory ring eCars and spin a story about a cable not releasing and ask for a remote release by saying it's their car currently charging. I've never heard of this happening and I'd hate to think anyone would even consider it but it's possible I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Thanks I was thinking mainly of just kids messing with it etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

beauf wrote: »
    Thanks I was thinking mainly of just kids messing with it etc.

Safe enough then unless you park it overnight in a dodgy area there shouldn't be any issue

Advertisement