Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths marking scheme

Options
  • 30-05-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

How does the marking work. If u answer a question twice-once in designated space and another on rough work page and get two different answers and don't mark an x through the wrong one, do you still get full marks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Your first one would be marked, which would be the one in the designated space. The other one would be ignored.

Don't chance your arm thinking you will get away with this strategy. Pick an answer and put a line through the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Corkalex

My teacher said that they'll mark the best one?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

Your first one would be marked, which would be the one in the designated space. The other one would be ignored.

Don't chance your arm thinking you will get away with this strategy. Pick an answer and put a line through the other one.
    But I thought everything has to be marked even if on rough work page. Is it different per subject as my business teacher said everything you right no matter where on paper and you clearly state what question has to marked

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Actually, does anyone know whether asymptotes are on the course? I checked the curriculum and they're not on it? but there are past questions on it, so should I just ignore them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

swagmire wrote: »
    But I thought everything has to be marked even if on rough work page. Is it different per subject as my business teacher said everything you right no matter where on paper and you clearly state what question has to marked

It holds for most subjects, especially where answers are in the form of a paragraph, but it doesn't allow for giving two different answers to the one Maths question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement