Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media

• 30-05-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have VM for my broadband and home phone service.

The problem in having is that when I divert my home phone to my mobile when someone rings the landline it goes through to my mobile but there is no ring tone, so people think there not getting through - even though it is actually ringing.

I'm using the handset to divert the calls to my mobile by dialling *70

Thought it might be an easy fix.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The *70 code is an instruction to the provider, so if theres no tone its on Virgins side, you'll probably need to check with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bobo180

virgin media are mad im thinking of leaven after just a week with them there even chargen me to install it when i couldn of done eh meself as he had to open a big shore on the road so yes i mite leave them sky do free installation an air do aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I'm looking to get broadband in my new apartment.

Virgin media are offering great download speeds but they have a cap of 30 gb per month before you're switched to a new tariff.

However they also offer a download speed of a 1.5 gb movie in 20 seconds......

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/360-mb-mobile-world/
    Download a 1.5Gb movie in 20 seconds
    Limited Broadband services: These services have a monthly usage allowance of 30GB. If you exceed the usage allowance in any month we will automatically upgrade you to the nearest pack that best meets your needs. Before upgrading we will:

As far as I can work out that gives you 6 minutes and 40 seconds of broadband a month before you get switched to a different tariff?

What am I misunderstanding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

dresden8 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get broadband in my new apartment.

Virgin media are offering great download speeds but they have a cap of 30 gb per month before you're switched to a new tariff.

However they also offer a download speed of a 1.5 gb movie in 20 seconds......

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/360-mb-mobile-world/

As far as I can work out that gives you 6 minutes and 40 seconds of broadband a month before you get switched to a different tariff?

I'm pretty sure there are others on here who have downloaded in excess of 1TB in a month on a VM connection without a problem.

The reference to "Limited Broadband Services" may be something to do with the older cable connections, with the 30Mbps speed. They probably had to manage the traffic on those. I'm sure others can give a better view on this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Virgin previously had an entry level broadband product called "240Mb (Limited) Broadband", which had a 30GB cap. All their other products are completely unlimited and have no cap at all.

It looks like they no longer sell the old "Limited Broadband" package, but it is still in their T&C's, probably to cover the customers who are still on it.

All the broadband products they currently sell are completely unlimited, no caps at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Thanks lads.

I know how to look up stuff on the internet but VM is very confusing.

Sky is an option. They clearly state absolutely not download limits. VM are missing a trick if they can't make that simple statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Thanks lads.

I know how to look up stuff on the internet but VM is very confusing.

Sky is an option. They clearly state absolutely not download limits. VM are missing a trick if they can't make that simple statement.

Vm have to deal with their own network congestion. sky just put it on BT or openeir. That's why Vm don't shout about their fair usage policy, they'd like the option in worst case scenarios.

Advertisement