Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum

Options
  • 30-05-2016 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ive been given a yellow card which has lead to me getting a three month ban, the card is ridiculous and in no way fair. The reasoning given to me is nonsense as other offences dont get punished at all that are far worse. Its clear that the card was given to me as I reported a few posts and how there is certain posters never punished and this is punishment for me doing so. I would have no problem with the card if there was some semblance of continuity about it but there is not, its like there is one rule for some and another rule for others.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed the card with the mod who issued it, as set out above?

Clearly if the card stands on appeal, the ban follows automatically under the Soccer Forum "totting-up" process.

If you could confirm you have exhausted discussion with the mod and are unable to reach agreement one of the Sports CMods will look at whether the yellow card was warranted or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you discussed the card with the mod who issued it, as set out above?

Clearly if the card stands on appeal, the ban follows automatically under the Soccer Forum "totting-up" process.

If you could confirm you have exhausted discussion with the mod and are unable to reach agreement one of the Sports CMods will look at whether the yellow card was warranted or not.

I talked to the mod and hes not budging, his logic as to why I deserve a card is laughable tbh.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The post that got you carded, directed at a specific poster:
    astonaidan wrote: »
    Em..........ok I dont think I can argue with that fact.
    So to summarize you played football, you werent very good and you know nothing about football in general and Im a wikipedia champion without having once mentioned it maybe ever on boards :confused:
    Eh well played sir.....I guess

Your prior post interacting with the same poster:
    Eh..................maybe youre also not very good at football

And prior to that
    You cant really have a opinion since you clearly dont watch football
    If that was not trolling that other poster what's your own explanation of those posts?

The mod's message when issuing the yellow card
    Your last few posts in the thread were deliberately trying to wind people up, this one included - 5th card of the season means a 3 month ban, you really need to reconsider your posting style when you return
    I agree completely with the mod and think you were fortunate to get away with a single yellow for those comments

I have upgraded this ban to permanent as you have used an alt account to post in the forum while banned from it

You may request reconsideration of this in 6 months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement