Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Bar (finally) Reopened

Options
  • 30-05-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

After a very long hiatus and many false dawns, I see that the iconic South Main Street pub The Liberty Bar reopened last Saturday. I'll have to go in and check it out but I doubt very much that they'll stick too closely to the original incarnation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

byronbay2 wrote: »
    After a very long hiatus and many false dawns, I see that the iconic South Main Street pub The Liberty Bar reopened last Saturday. I'll have to go in and check it out but I doubt very much that they'll stick too closely to the original incarnation!

that'd be impossible (more's the pity)

my fave bar ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

From what I remember it was a good bar alright, cans and really cheap furniture. Great atmosphere. Was more of a regular in Jack Plugs back then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Buy a flagon on a Friday night , leave it in the fridge Friday night (with your name on it) and collect it on saturday.
    Look up at the stars while you're taking a pee. I doubt very much it would be the same as it was. H&S would have strong views on the matter.....

Advertisement