Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lupins failing

Options
  • 30-05-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know whats happening these. one looks half eaten & the other is curling up & has slime on it. is it slugs? I didn't notice anything like this last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

Looks like slugs alright.You should put some coffee grounds around the base or some slug pellets whichever you prefare.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

Slugs, happened to mine last year. Gave up on lupins, slugs are to much for certain plants. And they love lupins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Every time I've ever tried to grow lupins, they were devoured by slugs. A losing battle, I too have quit on lupins.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

the slug pellets are out! this is the 3rd year I have had them in the ground & only now they seem to be attacking them. do they only go for the more mature version?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 johnington

Looks like slug damage alright. Also beware of greenfly. I've just had 14 big healthy lupin plants decimated by them. Swarmed all over the stems and underside of the leaves. Proactively spray them with a deterrent before it happens. I hear a garlic spray is supposed to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

I put out blue pellets & there was about 11 snails around the lupins the next day & one slug. its hardly the snails is it, also would greenfly leave the slime?

• Site Banned Posts: 6 Mr Topic

bluestone wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know whats happening these. one looks half eaten & the other is curling up & has slime on it. is it slugs? I didn't notice anything like this last year.

Have you, a family member or a pet been utinating on them perhaps?

Rabbits absolutely devour mine. Id good healthy plants transplanted into the ground. Rabbits annihilated them. I've none left :(

Advertisement