Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will win the Euros?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

England outplayed Wales, not a hope will they win it but a final place is very possible. They've no team to fear until then and have beaten Belgium in the qualifying campaign.

Croatia are my favourite team at the competition, they attack and defend very well as a unit. The midfield is world class only the big 3 and Belgium can rival it.

Anyway I've been enjoying the tournament so far, enjoy this weekend of games folks, it's going to be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Italy I reckon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Canadel wrote: »
    I haven't been too impressed with Germany so far. And it's very difficult to win two international tournaments in a row.

Why not Wales? Sure they're not near as strong on paper as Germany and a few others. But they topped their group with England in it, have probably the best player in the competition playing for them on current form, and they visibly possess an excellent team spirit and have a decent spine with a solid defence. If they overcome N. Ireland they most likely meet Belgium, which they will most likely lose, but if they win that game, then it's definitely on.

They probably won't win it. But this is cup football. And I don't think there is as big a gap between the teams that qualified from the groups as many might think. No team has looked unbeatable, or anywhere close to it.

I expect Wales to bottle it at some point as they basically did against England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I am going to stick with Spain. Yes the draw is horrible but they have the talent to just keep "finding a way" in these big games so I think that's what they'll do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Paddy offering me 80 quid to cash out on my 20 each way on Croatia at 25/1. Think they should get past Portugal tonight though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll tell you who ain't going to win it, Poland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

We are looking at the euros winners here lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Iceland.

Ye thought I was joking,didn't ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ye thought I was joking,didn't ye?

það er enn á!

Might want to put that through google translate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Looking at the remaining games, I can see Belgium coming through one side and Italy from the other. What are the chances of the two finalists coming from our group again!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'll tell you who ain't going to win it, Poland.

have been very disappointed with them this tournament, I'd thought they'd kick on and be a real dark horse. Had them backed each way but cashed out after the group games for a minuscule profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Italy now, looking forward to Germany-Italy, Germany have never beat Italy in a competitive fixture ? (I think) ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Italy myself now. Would be some story if they did tbh. Beating Spain/Germany and more than likely France to get to the final would be fully deserved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Think the Germans tbh, think they'll beat Italy in ET, whoever wins that game will win the competition imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's still on!

tumblr_n3dfwlPSL11rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The dream is over :(

It was good while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Come on Wales!!!

Advertisement