Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 30-05-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I've currently got a electric Ireland account which is read off a meter every 2 months. I'm moving into a new rented house in a few weeks but it's a pre-pay meter.

Is it possible to change from pre-pay to the set up I currently have now? The LL has given me permission yo do what I want with regards the meter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi OkeyDoke12,

Thanks for your message.

Could you confirm if the Pay As You Go meter in the new property is an Electric Ireland electricity or gas meter?

If it is an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go electricity meter, we would advise contacting our Pay As You Go team on 1850 372 372 on the day you move into the property, as they will need to provide you with a code to deactivate the meter. You will need to be at the property in order to receive this code.

If it is an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go gas meter, our team can advise you on removing the meter. If it is a gas meter, your landlord will need to contact Electric Ireland directly, in order to provide permission to have the meter removed.

It it is not an Electric Ireland meter, we would advise contacting our Sales team on 1850 305 090, and they can begin the process of switching the electricity supply at the property over to Electric Ireland. Once this process has started, we would then advise contacting the company in possession of the meter, as they can then provide you with a code to deactivate the meter.

When moving out of your current address, you will need to take a reading from the meter at your current address, and contact Electric Ireland directly with your account details in order to close your account. You can do this through private message here on Boards, or through any of our other social media channels on Facebook or Twitter. Alternatively, our Customer Service team are available on 1850 372 372 from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays).

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement