Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids seats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

ted1 wrote: »
    the young fellow

What age is he and are his sisters on their own bikes or on yours too? All bike seats are sized by weight (~age) of the child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    What age is he and are his sisters on their own bikes or on yours too? All bike seats are sized by weight (~age) of the child.

He will be one next month and his sisters are 6 and 4 they are flying around on their own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Out of the two, the Halfords one, rated for higher weight. As a biased opinion, I would go for a Hamax. Nothing wrong with the two link, I just have used a Hamax and would rate it highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭randomname2005

CramCycle wrote: »
    Out of the two, the Halfords one, rated for higher weight. As a biased opinion, I would go for a Hamax. Nothing wrong with the two link, I just have used a Hamax and would rate it highly.

Have a Hamax Siesta, no problems with it, can be locked and the little one loves it.

Make sure to get two adaptors though, so it can be put on the 'mussed' bike and they can be taken out while you get a quiet glass of beer :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

+1 for Hamax... try get the siesta/sleepy if you can(the clue is in the name)

You can recline them in it by twisting a Knob so that they can fall asleep without their head falling forward so much.

Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have a Hamax Siesta, no problems with it, can be locked and the little one loves it.

Make sure to get two adaptors though, so it can be put on the 'mussed' bike and they can be taken out while you get a quiet glass of beer :D:D:D
    martyc5674 wrote: »
    +1 for Hamax... try get the siesta/sleep if you can(the clue is in the name)

You can recline them in it by twisting a Knob so that they can fall asleep without their head falling forward so much.

Marty.

I have the Siesta as well for this reason, locks, you can tilt it back. Adjustable so you can have it further away from your ass if necessary. My little guy loves it, going through the park I can see his shadow hands waving at people and pointing at things.

Takes a bit of getting used to in terms of looking around. I stopped and turned around alot in the beginning but I can see him over my shoulder now I am used to the balance.

It is also encasing for very small children and you can higher/lower the straps as needed, so even in a fall, there is no real risk there.

NB. I have never fallen with it, nor felt like it would.

Advertisement