Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misleading renewal discount letter

Options
  • 30-05-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

So my contract was coming up for renewal and I received a letter from Eir a week or so ago promising €10 off the bill for 18 months. I called in tonight to renew and was told that was only for new customers, and the best they could do was 9 months, that even their team manager could not activate the discount listed on the letter. The tech involved believed that was for new customers only...Whereas the letter clearly shows my existing account number and starts with 'As a valued customer we want to make sure you are getting the best possible deal...' . 

So my question I guess - Which was the lie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    So my contract was coming up for renewal and I received a letter from Eir a week or so ago promising €10 off the bill for 18 months. I called in tonight to renew and was told that was only for new customers, and the best they could do was 9 months, that even their team manager could not activate the discount listed on the letter. The tech involved believed that was for new customers only...Whereas the letter clearly shows my existing account number and starts with 'As a valued customer we want to make sure you are getting the best possible deal...' . 

So my question I guess - Which was the lie?
    Hi _CreeD_

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sorry but no. I posted in a public forum as much for the benefit of anyone else who got the same letter as making a personal complaint, anything that is said on the matter will be in public. They deserve to know in advance (if they search for it anyway) what will happen if they try to take advantage of the deal offered in the letter. I ended up signing up for renewal anyway as I need the internet for my work so cannot afford the time it would have taken at that stage to switch to another provider, had I known in advance it would be a different story (as it will be when this contract is up).

Nothing personal but your company can change it's name as much as it wants but it will always have 'Con' mentally appended. I don't think anyone will ever forget everything they have done to hold back Internet 'service' and the data economy in this country and the way they (including their legacy as the previous national provider) have misled customers over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Sorry but no. I posted in a public forum as much for the benefit of anyone else who got the same letter as making a personal complaint, anything that is said on the matter will be in public. They deserve to know in advance (if they search for it anyway) what will happen if they try to take advantage of the deal offered in the letter. I ended up signing up for renewal anyway as I need the internet for my work so cannot afford the time it would have taken at that stage to switch to another provider, had I known in advance it would be a different story (as it will be when this contract is up).

Nothing personal but your company can change it's name as much as it wants but it will always have 'Con' mentally appended. I don't think anyone will ever forget everything they have done to hold back Internet 'service' and the data economy in this country and the way they (including their legacy as the previous national provider) have misled customers over the years.
    No problem  _CreeD_,

I'm afraid I would need more information so this can be investigated fully, can you PM me the account number so we can investiagte this and liase with the department and agents you discussed your account with.
    As soon as we have taken a look into this I will respond to you publicity on this thread.

-Pamela 

Advertisement