Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom Bracket/Crankclicking on new bike

Options
  • 30-05-2016 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm just after taking out my new bike on its second run and I noticed a rather audible clicking coming from the bottom bracket/crank area only when under load.

I'm just wondering has anyone come across this problem ?

Considering its brand new, Asking them in the shop will probably be my first port of call.

Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

probably best to take it back. the clicking could be caused by any number of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had the same problem with a new bike but it was simply caused by a piece of debris trapped in the BB grease during assembly. Shop sorted it out when I brought it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Had the same problem with a Boardman CX bike. Was told it was a common problem with the design - they were not specific as to the design of the bike or the bottom bracket. Bring it back and get them to fix it.

Advertisement