Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint. Pull up or not

Options
  • 30-05-2016 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

just moved house. Good size garden and small paddock for horse. The paddock is destroyed with a coverage of very small mint plants.
    I'm working on paddock but should I pull up the original plant in the garden. Will the mint keep spreading now that the horse is on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

I take from the word "destroyed" that you're not a fan of mint :) The horse won't have too much effect on it I think and if you want to get rid of it weedkiller is your only real option - pulling it out won't have any real effect as it regrows from the smallest root left behind in the soil. Best result would be to paint the leaves but if that's too big a job then just spray the whole area and reseed with grass when it has died away. It's very persistent and might need a few more sprays as it re-emerges.
    On the other hand, if its just in the paddock and does no harm to the horse you could just run a mower over it a few times a year and enjoy the scent!

Advertisement